The Network and Systems Team Lead serves to assist the IT department in support of the company’s computing infrastructure. This position is the elevation resource for the Network & Systems Team for support on complex network and systems issues that may arise. Administers and maintains different technology across the company, including but not limited to: E-mail, telephone systems (VOIP), servers, network infrastructure, Active Directory, Cloud Infrastructure and equipment.
At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by maximizing our networks and systems performance to enable our employees to work productively and efficiently on behalf of our customers.
- Assist in the administration of the IT infrastructure of approximately 800 PCs and users including rights management, server, network, and telephony.
- Server support for approximately 350 Windows (2012 and 2008) servers. Lead and be point person for other IT staff with regard to maintenance, upgrades, and server improvements.
- Advanced knowledge of backup procedures and recovery principles to support components of infrastructure such as E-mail, backups, and network hardware.
- Responsible for Active Directory design, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Administer and maintain proprietary as well as third-party systems/solutions including; local and remote networks, enterprise applications, storage infrastructure, VoIP systems, and mobile devices.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and maintain all aspects of Systems and Network Security
- Assist in administration, support, configuration, inventory, onboarding and deployment of desktop PCs, laptops, mobile devices, including hardware and software configurations.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the server and desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Maintains system security including operating system security patches, firewalls, and virus or other security related defenses.
- Work with the IT team to improve business processes to enhance the organizations use of IT resources.
Complexity of Duties:
- Ability to work with technical groups and provide timely, high quality technical contributions.
- Ability to analyze both business and technical information and act effectively.
- Creates new support processes to better serve Chesterton business changes.
- Ability to document and report for responsible systems.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of the following items: Client server computing, virtualization, PC hardware, Windows Server Operating Systems (advanced level), Windows desktop, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Microsoft Office, and SharePoint, Dell Servers and desktops, Cisco telephony, Cisco hardware, including network and host security.
- Backup and disaster recovery software, methodologies, and technologies (ITIL knowledge preferred.)
- Cloud computing and virtualization technologies (Hyper-V/Azure/AWS)
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (SANs), particularly Dell.
- Experience translating business requirements (site moves, migrations) into actionable IT projects.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in computer science or related field
- 4-5 years of progressive network and systems administration experience.
- Cloud experience required
- IT Certifications: MCSE, CCNA are a plus
- Office 365 experience preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in a global environment with deference to local cultures and norms.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Must have strong communications skills and be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Strong customer service and a business sense is an essential skill for success.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.; computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D