At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers. This job impacts the customer by increasing our employees’ capacities to manage projects in one unified, data-driven, methodology-supported manner. With strong project management architecture that you will develop, we will develop and deliver new products to our customers.
The primary responsibility for the first two years of this role will be the establishment of project management function/ project management office for the company, serving all departments across the enterprise. As on-going responsibility, lead a wide range of activities in support the establishment of the technical function, architecture and systems for the Project Management discipline at Chesterton.
Responsibilities During Set-Up Phase:
- Lead planning and establishment of central Project Management function for all Chesterton companies.
- Inventory current processes and evaluate for incorporation into Project Management architecture
- Determine recommendations for one company-wide project management process, including one software system.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis to determine company needs
- Determine essential resources for Project Management Office and propose to Executive Committee and Leadership Team.
- Establish companywide project management standard tools, techniques and templates
- Provide internal training and certification for project management skills
- Deliver Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 project management training
- Provide strong support for Associate Project Managers in their project facilitation
- Develop and deliver standardized reports to monitor project timeliness, budget and impact
- Lead 3-5 project teams for Hoshin Kanri-process identified projects
- Working with Chesterton’s Continuous Improvement team, make recommendations to improve existing processes and/or documentation systems or suggest new processes to improve quality or on-time delivery of projects.
- Directly provide support after training, and communicate results and updates (as required).
Complexity of Duties:
- Ability to solve moderate to highly complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and result in the allocation of additional resources.
- Results are accomplished through team meetings, written communication and critical paths management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Significant experience in formally training others in project management tools and methods
- Deep and broad understanding of project management tools and methodologies
- Implementation of best-practice/ preferred tools on an enterprise-wide scale
- Certified Project Manager
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver formal project management training, including the use of software tools
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating and implementing central corporate project management / project management office procedures, including software selection
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to lead multiple projects at one time.
- Strong financial analysis skills using a project management software system’s financial tools
- Superb influencing skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience
- MBA / MOD preferred
- Seven to ten years of directly-related experience
- Certified Project Manager
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of software, hardware and cloud-based support systems for engineering and manufacturing environments
- Ability to make decisions based on general knowledge of operations, including procurement, manufacturing, test engineering and quality systems.
- Proficiency in PC based database and project management tools.
- Necessity to pay attention to details and follow-through.
- Strong problem-solving and creative solution skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.; computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D