At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers. This job impacts the customer by leading our sales team's efforts throughout the sales process, from targeting and development to building relationships and providing solutions. This job is a key part of our sales efforts because of its ability to help strengthen our team's approach of being a team-driven, solutions-oriented, partnership-based provider.
Provide leadership, sales, service and technical management support for direct retail and distribution sales. Develop and implement territory sales strategies. Responsible for meeting sales, expense, and profitability budget objectives. Coordinate and provide guidance and sales management for territory’s retail & distributor specialists. Provide and direct the tactical execution of conceptual sales strategies and implementation of contractual agreements.
- Achieve the sales and profitability budget within a specific geographical area.
- Drive regional corporate account business strategies and new product introductions
- Assist Chesterton & Distributor sales Specialists in strategic and tactical account planning to ensure sales and market share growth.
- Perform all sales responsibilities for a direct list of retail customer accounts.
- Conduct quarterly reviews of direct & distribution sales personnel and develop and monitor any necessary corrective actions.
- Supervisory duties include interviewing, hiring, training, employee development, discipline, annual performance reviews, performance management, salary administration, etc.
- Provide formal quarterly business plan update to management along with monthly update of 90 day rolling forecast.
- Conduct annual retail Specialist & Distributor evaluations.
- Provides product, installation and application training for retail & distributor Specialists and end users.
- Assist and train direct & distributor sales personnel through joint sales calls and /or conduct in-plant and hotel seminars.
- Conduct high level, plant / corporate standardization and reliability presentations.
- Develop and coordinate Business Development Manager Territory requirements and schedules.
- Implement and act as liaison between Chesterton and strategic corporate national agreements
- Conforms to all Chesterton Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Provide coaching and motivation for all direct & distributor employees.
- Manage Human Resource issues to ensure integrity and legal obligations.
Complexity of Duties:
- Employee works under general direction and supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, accuracy and conformance with annual business plan.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions associated with the sale and marketing of our products.
- Responsible for sales through retail direct & distribution sales channels and the management of all sales personnel within territory.
- Must motivate Chesterton personnel through leadership and knowledge.
- Performance must demonstrate superior conceptual, technical, people, and organizational skills plus a strong work ethic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and selling skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Must have or be capable of developing strong technical knowledge of Chesterton products.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at management and hourly maintenance levels.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process flow.
- Ability to work under pressure and rapidly changing priorities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 8-10 years experience in industrial sales and/or management
- BA, BS, degree preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
- Technical knowledge.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Computer skills.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Extensive land and air travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. While in the factory environment, employee may be required to bend, stoop, crouch, crawl and lift up to 30 pounds. Duties require extensive travel and flexibility. Specific vision abilities required with this job include close and distant vision, the ability to distinguish color of products and color-coded materials, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Moderate to very loud noise can exists when visiting customer plant locations.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D