The ERP Software Developer provides business analysis and system development in an internet, intranet, client/server environment including maintenance of existing software. Utilizes application development tools and software utilities. Analyzes project requirements, designs database architecture and produces functioned specifications. Experienced with all stages of software development cycle.
At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by providing improvements and enhancements to business processes through the use of technology and information systems.
- Dynamics AX development including X++ and general ERP System Integration
- Windows development utilizing state-of-the-art tools, including C#, Visual Basic.NET, ASP.NET, Visual C++, MS SQL Server, MS Office development tools. Develop .NET assemblies, Objects for Enterprise Services and Active X controls.
- Systems utilization of the Internet, including standard Internet components such as web browsers, web servers (IIS, .NET Web Services, VB Script, XML, HTML, etc.).
- Research of new windows based tools for systems development and turnkey solutions.
- Active participation in applicable user groups, seminars, and conferences.
- Data and system modeling and architecture.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Works with minimum supervision, decisions are made based on pre-established policies and procedures, as well as professional experience and judgment.
- Special instructions given for new assignments.
- Uses professional judgment to determine when a higher level of authority is necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong analysis and technical skills.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 4 year college degree or significant military or business experience (5+ years)
- 2+ years of Dynamics AX development using X++ experience.
- 5+ years manufacturing, distribution, financial and consumer business systems analysis and design
- 5+ years systems design and analysis skills
- 5+ years development experience: C#, Visual Basic.NET, ASP.NET, Visual C++, MS SQL Server, MS Office development tools. Develop .NET assemblies, Objects for Enterprise Services and Active X controls.
- Web development Experience (ASP.NET, IIS, NET Web Services, VB Script, XML, HTML, etc.)
- Experience in VB 6.0 development is a plus.
- Dynamics AX 2009/2012 Development certification is a plus.
- Experience working with end-users and analysts to define and clarify requirements and issues.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to sit/work at a computer terminal for periods of time. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D