At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by focusing on managing a highly proactive order fulfillment process including and not limited to expedited order request, order processing and order execution to ensure we meet our delivery commitments.
This role serves as a key interface for Plant Operations Management, Engineering, Scheduling, Customer Care and Logistics. The Value Stream Coordinator is responsible for developing a strong team environment with clear and effective communication across the entire value stream.
This position has primary responsibility for coordinating all production order fulfilment activities to achieve DSL levels in accordance to business targets for their assigned Value Stream. The incumbent is responsible for influencing a cross functional team (customer service, product data managers, production planners and schedulers, procurement, logistics and other functional leaders as appropriate) to meet targeted service levels.
- Provide detailed explanation of any late orders to appropriate CST (customer care team) representative, including revised delivery dates
- Support and assist with the Level Response Times for Expedite request
- Value Stream order fulfilment to committed completion dates targeting “Value Stream” order fulfilment to committed completion dates targets based on business needs”
- Driving continuous improvement of the value stream through reduction of the seven wastes and streamlining of value added operations
- Participation in the development of short and long term production scheduling and planning with an eye towards validating the feasibility of achieve sales orders delivery dates
- Influence production schedules, procurement, and logistics to accommodate expedites, late orders, and special requirements
- Take ownership of schedule attainment and initiate corrective action for missed deliveries via the use of 8D or QRQC (quick response quality control)
- Update and report KPI’s on a scheduled basis, highlighting corrective action activities where appropriate
- Participate in daily department huddles and cross-functional coordination meetings. Influence these meetings with a bias for continuous improvement action
- Evaluate value stream performance across all shifts and drive improvements where needed
- Drive improvement efforts to bring nonconforming operations within quoted takt time
- Assist Operations in the urgent response to all issues causing machine downtime and coordinate the necessary resources to minimize the downtime.
- Assist functional leaders in developing, training, and mentoring value stream personnel through regular feedback, participate in group decision-making, foster open communications, and assist in setting priorities.
- Assist in non-conformance investigations and corrective and preventive actions for finished goods, raw material, and customer complaints.
- Review product routings and BOM’s and partner with process engineering to correct
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works under minimal supervision. Independently determines and develops approaches to projects and solutions.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in choosing a particular course of action.
- Ability to interact frequently with all levels of the organization and multiple external contacts and/or customers.
- Manages projects that have direct impact on the profitability of the Company. Failure to achieve results can result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of Company resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced written, verbal, interpersonal, consultation skills
- Extensive expertise troubleshooting and implementing solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- Experienced in developing scheduling metrics, reporting and meeting targets
- Ability to direct, coordinate, and support the work of other professionals
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and products as well as quality systems
- General understanding of manufacturing principles
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- 2-5 years of planning experience preferred
- Lean or Six Sigma greenbelt certified
- Strong knowledge of AX or other ERP system and Dynamics CRM preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Other Related Skills:
- Effective at building relationships at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- Able to facilitate cross-functional teams; experienced with leading small scheduling teams
- Displayed leadership skills, influence skills, team leadership
- Ability to self-generate improvement ideas
- Experience in a change management role
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision. Ability to travel. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Exposure to high levels of heat or noise may occur while visiting the plant/production environment. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D