You love numbers and analysis. Software-based financial systems are second nature to you. You undertand finance and IT. You've been through an ERP implementation and enjoyed it. You like your work and being challenged to higher levels of expertise. You are interested in working in the Merrimack Valley--perhaps to get rid of that long commute to Boston?
Given these great skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about to a company :
that has a significant global environmental impact with products that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
that encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
that gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
that has people who are are fun, smart, engaged and like working together
that is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know you
where people actually take their lunch breaks--to work out, walk, play basketball or work puzzles together
where the perks include a subsidized cafeteria, free parking and business-casual environment.
If you're talented, you should bring your talents here. Only fun, funny, scary-smart, want-to-contribute-in-meaningful-ways candidates should apply!
Please note: we are not accepting third party resumes or agency solicitations for this position
At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by maximizing our business systems' performance to provide up-to-date, reliable information for decision-making that supports our organization, and ultimately the customer experience as well.
Manage the financial aspects of company business systems, their architecture and design, to support solutions for streamlining and automating business processes while enhancing timely business insight at all functional levels of the organization. Act as the lead liaison between Finance and IT, and other cross-functional groups on business system issues and initiatives. Lead finance teams on systems projects, coordinating the activities of the financial systems team supporting the development, testing and implementation of financial business system requirements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company financial policies and procedures. Evaluate the features, set-ups and functionality of new and existing financial systems to fully leverage investment in business system capabilities, providing sound recommendations on the direction of financial system priorities. Manage how underlying processes and information flows can be enhanced and streamlined by leveraging invested technology. Lead the investigation into the integrity of financial information processed through the ERP and Business Intelligence systems by applying in–depth understanding of the system functionality, financial reporting and GAAP requirements, system integration issues and data integrity requirements. Coordinate ongoing financial system auditing, addressing financial reporting issues and weaknesses. Document policies, procedures and work instructions related to financial business system processes. Manage the allocation of resources on various projects, initiatives and day-to-day activities. Manage the testing and approval of financial configurations and attributes on system upgrades and data migrations. Lead finance teams on the roll-out of core systems and new module installations at company offices worldwide.
- Project management on financial system implementations, improvements and trouble-shooting initiatives. Management of the allocation of financial resources on various projects.
- Oversee the financial functionality of the Company’s integrated financial systems, providing application support to financial teams and the consumers of financial information.
- Lead the development and deployment of new Business Intelligence applications.
- Promote the standardization of processes and measures throughout all business systems.
- Lead teams that evaluate requirements and set priorities for systems development within the business.
- Supervisor Financial Systems team. Supervisory duties include overseeing day to day work operations, hiring, staff training, performance reviews, salary administration, scheduling, disciplinary action etc.
- Plan and complete business systems audits ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Coordinate with IT on the set-up and management of business system security environment.
- Remain current with application features and functionality to promote and maintain best practices in system utilization and business usage.
- Some travel required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Work alongside multiple management teams and management levels.
- Ability to acquire an understanding of multiple software tools including Microsoft Dynamics AX, SQL Server, business intelligence tools and Microsoft Office, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities and objectives.
- Requires high-level project management, presentation and communication skills. Contacts are frequent with equivalent level inter-organizational executives, managers and customer representatives.
- Accomplishes results through cross-functional collaboration and influence with managers, supervisors and subject matter experts of all Chesterton’s functions.
- Must be able to perform technical research on new and existing systems and be able to work with large datasets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong business acumen with a customer focus.
- Excellent management skills which include strategic and tactical abilities.
- Ability to act as a knowledge provider and assist managers in providing solutions to problems associated with specific business topics and issues.
- Proven ability to successfully drive the achievement of financial and business expectations.
- Strong communication and consensus building skills required in order to work effectively with management as a business partner, advising and influencing where both opportunities and issues exist.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, high level math skills, financial analysis skills.
- Knowledge of financial/accounting principles and practices, financial reporting and US GAAP.
- Advanced problem solving techniques.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with an MBA; concentration in Computer Science is preferred.
- 10-15 years related experience or equivalent combination education and experience.
- A demonstrated knowledge of ERP and business intelligence systems at a conceptual level.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be very competent with ERP layered product concepts
- Proven business acumen, customer focus, strategic agility and drive for results
- Ability to pull cross-functional teams together to develop, plan, implement, and measure performance.
- Ability to analyze information and act effectively in an advisory consultant-like role.
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, motivational and resource management skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Must be familiar with accounting principles and understand financial concepts.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be willing to travel and work with employees that have limited English speaking skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.; computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D