At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by illustrating Chesterton's low emission stationary sealing with refiners and some OEMs to accelerate sales of Chesterton solutions to our customers.
Manages global business development and sales activities to develop and grow Chesterton’s stationary equipment business. Establishes strong long-term relationships with assigned strategic customers. Works as directed as the primary contact and has sales responsibility for identified stationary sealing OEM accounts. Responsible for customer advocacy within the Chesterton organization to achieve objectives and opportunities. Has direct sales responsibilities for corporate headquarters and supports/directs site sales activities. Coordinates and communicates with all stakeholders, both internal and external, on a regular basis to ensure effective alignment and focus. .
Identifies and develops new business opportunities relating to strategic customers including extensions of Chesterton’s program and service offerings. Identifies opportunities for new channel development. Develops strategic and tactical sales plans for targeted accounts for Chesterton stationary equipment product lines. Supports retail and wholesale distribution in the implementation and growth of stationary equipment programs. Working with Regional Management is responsible for the establishment of new execution channels as required.
Responsible for and participates in the establishment, implementation, management and review of customer agreements/contracts. Works directly with the appropriate functions, including finance, to develop financial proformas for proposed agreements. Works to gain corporate technical approvals for use of Chesterton products by securing specifications on a national, international and/or regional basis. Attends and actively participates in industry trade and standards groups. Meets annual sales growth plans for areas of responsibilities. .
- Secures new business and expands existing business through strategic account development in OEM, Retail and Wholesale channels
- Responsible for specific strategic target customers including direct sales responsibility for OEM and corporate headquarters and providing sales direction/support at the associated operating sites on a global basis
- Identifies and develops new business opportunities relating to strategic customers including extensions of Chesterton’s product, program and service offerings.
- Builds long term relationships with key customer personnel at strategic accounts
- Grows sales for all appropriate product lines and services at targeted customers to meet yearly sales objectives
- Prepares and maintains business plans for each assigned strategic account which includes a sales strategy, action plan and sales forecasting
- Has a primary industry focus and acts as the Stationary Equipment Group’s lead for the assigned industry
- Communicates regularly with Sales Management, Sales Personnel, Channel Partners and the appropriate Internal Personnel to ensure alignment of activities/objectives, a clear understanding of the account strategy, and effective plan implementation
- Assists with the identification and development of new business opportunities relating to existing or potential strategic customers including extensions to Chesterton’s existing program and service offerings
- Obtains corporate level technical approvals for product usage by technical specification.
- Develops and presents strategic customer proposals
- Works with Finance, CST, CSSG and other functions to develop financial proformas for proposals and secures the necessary approvals. Works with the appropriate functions to track agreement performance to proforma projections once implemented.
- Manages and/or participates in the negotiation, development, and implementation of strategic customer agreements.
- Implements, administers and manages designated strategic account agreements as directed by Director of Corporate Strategic Business Development. Assists with the identification of resource requirements both internally and externally to fulfill agreement requirements.
- Takes actions to communicate the direction of the Stationary Equipment group to field sales personnel to heighten their understanding of the programs, approaches and opportunities
- Works with the appropriate resources to develop and maintain strategic client data relating to site locations, purchases, usage history and contacts as required. Works with the appropriate personnel to develop the necessary data to identify potential new strategic account targets
- Assists and/or directly participates in the preparation, presentation, development and implementation of site-specific agreements as required.
- Maintains an aggressive call schedule incorporating time and territory planning and logs activities on Chesterton activity reporting systems for management review. Prepares and submit activity reports to the Director of Corporate Strategic Business Development as requested.
- Conforms to all Chesterton operating policies and procedures
- Adheres to expense budget control requirements
Complexity of Duties:
- Develop strategies, drive objectives, and secure sales opportunities
- Analyze difficult sales and business situations and identify best path forward
- Handle complex sales, business, and management issues
- Possess the ability to generate confidence, work with people, resolve issues, take direction and be customer-focused
- Deliver input and feedback to management regarding opportunities, issues and programs
- Develop the ability to analyze the financial considerations associated with the strategic account programs
- Travel up to 75%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Outstanding sales skills and track record of success
- High level, strategic account management experience
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong sales aptitude.
- Listening skills and attention to detail
- Technical abilities as relates to Industry, Chesterton products, and services
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, changing environment.
- Ability to develop sound, quantifiable, fact based plans.
- Ability to respond to complex inquiries and business issues from customers, sales management, or distributors.
- Strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft Power Point and Excel
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to travel globally as required
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Marketing or other related area
- Minimum of 8 years experience at Chesterton or equivalent industry experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Global travel required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities