At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by helpng to ensure that our workforce has the training resources it needs to increase the knowledge, skills, and competencies that benefit our customers
Leads the development and implementation of e-learning at Chesterton. Researches and recommends e-learning technologies, methods and systems and implements new e-learning strategies. Administers the LMS , Online Training software. Creates, customizes and posts new training materials for Online Training in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts. Maintains existing Online courses. Provides documentation, training, and support to Online Training users. Helps our external and internal customers to better understand, install and sell our products.
- Is responsible for the development of e-learning. Researches new training methods and technologies which are electronic (Web based, Web casts, Pod casts etc.).
- Makes recommendations on how to use new technologies as aligned with the Chesterton strategic plan.
- Supervises and assists in the implementation of Web Conferencing technologies for training purposes.
- Is responsible for all aspects of the LMS Online Training (totara LMS) software.
- Provides software support to employees in need of assistance for project activity.
- Enters training records in LMS.
- Creates, customizes and publishes self-paced interactive learning content in collaboration with SMEs
- Provides department manager with written monthly reports regarding accomplishments and recommendations, as well as Global Training classroom training activities
- Creates guidelines and documentation
- Communicates learning solutions and technologies to global learner base.
- Develops internal resources to assist with system use
- Must be flexible to travel to office or remote sites.
- Actively attends relevant industry seminars and conferences.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works under only very general direction.
- Able to provide optimized solutions to general guidelines.
- Frequent inter-departmental and outside representative contacts.
- Contributes to the formulation of satisfying the varying needs of diverse users.
- Able to react sensitively to widely varying needs, concerns and sensitivities of trainees and internal customers.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4 year college degree or commensurate experience
- E-learning certification from a recognized training source or ability to acquire same.
- 2 plus years relevant experience
- Certification in Microsoft Office is a plus
- Experience in implementing Learning Management Solutions
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead projects, working with other employees and other departments
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to quickly learn and use new software
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Instructional Systems Design Process
- Ability to develop course curriculum and associated materials.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to question from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Occasional travel required. Valid driver’s license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, use arms, talk or hear. Vision requirements are close up and long distance. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D