At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by maximizing our business systems' performance to provide up-to-date, reliable information for decision-making that supports our organization, and ultimately the customer experience as well.
The Financial Systems Analyst III plans, designs, develops, tests, coordinates, and implements financial business application programs. Analyzes business issues to formulate and develop new and/or modified computer programs and systems. Revises existing programs, systems, and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, and storage. Evaluates user requirements with existing and/or projected computer capabilities. Establishes program and data parameters and formats. Coordinates symbolic statements of problems into appropriate specifications for coding computer systems, identifying functions to be programmed, information processing techniques used, and data representation. Prepares documentation, conducts program tests and corrects program errors. Analyzes programming system’s capabilities to resolve questions of program standards, output requirements, input data acquisition, and programming techniques and controls. Develops policies, procedures and work instructions. Also supports management decision-making related to the Business system by in-depth analysis of our corporate database structure and issues of database integrity.
- Coordinates with the Financial organization regarding financial aspects of business system processing, reporting and analyst activities.
- Contributes to the review, implementation, testing and documentation of financial feature upgrades to the Business system.
- Reconciles Sales detail data base (SLDB) to General Ledger and TM1.
- Develops new financial business systems applications as needed.
- Counsels and advises Financial management regarding financial business system integrity and data control.
- Identifies financial and/or data control weaknesses in business systems.
- Reviews and conducts system program analysis as needed to resolve program errors.
- Identifies financial and/or data control weakness in Company policies, procedures, work instructions and analytical tools.
- Develops Company policies, procedures, work instructions and analytical tools related to financial and data issues.
- Conducts periodic end-user training as needed.
- Writes special query reports as needed.
- Coordinates Corporate Excess and Obsolescence Reserve Review, including annual external audit.
- Prepares adjusting General Ledger entries as needed.
- Provides financial support to other areas of the Finance organization as needed.
Complexity of Duties:
- Excellent project management skills
- Self-starter, ability to schedule and arrange own activities in accomplishing objectives
- Frequent inter-organization company contacts
- Represents organization in providing solutions to problems associated with specific projects
- Works with minimum supervision, decisions are made based on pre-established policies and procedures, as well as professional experience and judgment.
- Uses professional judgment to determine when a higher level of authority is necessary.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum BS in Computer Science and/or Accounting/Finance
- 7+ years experience in an Information Technology or Financial role.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of the company’s integrated financial system and its structure.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of program languages and PC software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High level math and financial analysis skills.
- Strong problem solving techniques.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, use arms, talk or hear. Vision requirements are close up and long distance. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D