At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job directly impacts the customer by driving production accuracy, quality and execution to meet customer requirements.
Drives and manages the order fulfillment processes for assigned product line(s) across all shifts. Establishes priorities to achieve improvements in customer satisfaction and achieving corporate objectives. Participates in strategic and business planning sessions to set strategic business objectives. Responsible for defining and establishing the proper order fulfillment processes for the worldwide supply of product. Manages, provides direction to and sets performance standards for exempt and non-exempt, supervisory and non-supervisory professionals.
- Works closely at the direction of VP Operations to set business objectives that support company execution of business plans.
- Directs and coordinates through subordinates the efficient and effective operations of Manufacturing. Formulates policies and procedures. Establishes work priorities. Delegates work. Appraises employee performance. Facilitates employee development efforts.
- Establishes a safe work environment and safe work behaviors.
- Plans the operations of the department. Estimates labor and material costs. Determines staff, material, and supplies required to meet schedules. Monitors and controls production schedules.
- Achieves specific financial targets. Investigates and implements various process improvements and cost-reduction efforts.
- Drives production deadlines. Works closely with R&D to ensure smooth transition from R&D/Engineering to production. Establishes production and quality control standards. Makes recommendations regarding improved operations.
- Participates in and supports cross-functional initiatives.
- Monitors work conditions and methods to ensure safe operations. Operates in compliance, through Federal and other regulations, in areas including environment, safety, health and transportation. Promotes environmentally-safe work practices. Ensures compliance with Chesterton ISO 9000 Quality standards, ISO 14000 Environmental standards and Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains clear communication channels. Interprets and communicates policies, procedures and other vital information to employees.
Complexity of Duties:
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in critical delays and modifications to projects or operations; cause substantial expenditure of time, human resources, and funds and potentially jeopardize future business activity.
- Provides guidance to subordinate supervisors based on organizational and divisional goals and Company policy. Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organizational/divisional objectives and/or schedules.
- Accomplishes results through subordinate supervisors. Acts as an advisor to subordinate supervisors and/or staff members to help meet established schedules and resolve technical/operational problems. Sets performance standards and manages employee performance.
- Contacts are frequent with equivalent level inter-organizational managers and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and projects.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing, business, inventory control, and budgeting processes. Skills in customer contact.
- Advanced problem-solving, decision-making and planning abilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
- 10-15 years of experience, including supervising supervisors
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of inventory principles and business systems.
- Thorough understanding of business, budgeting and manufacturing processes.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work under frequently changing priorities and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Exposure to fumes and high levels of heat and noise while on the factory floor.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D