At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by executing complex customer needs by managing a highly proactive organization using processes tailored to provide the best-engineered product that solves customer needs.
Develop and define manufacturing processes for new and existing manufactured goods. Improve efficiencies and reduce defects utilizing structure problem solving methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma and 8D and other analytical methods. Participate in new product launch by providing sound process engineering techniques in all aspects of product development and manufacturing.
- Develop annual productivity plans and projects. Conducts cost reduction, capital expenditures, and return on investment studies.
- Investigates and implements various process improvements and cost-reduction efforts
- Direct Process Engineering support for operations and new product development
- Develop and assist in implementing improvements, changes, corrective and preventative actions that result in productivity gains and/or quality improvements.
- Work effectively with all levels of the organization particularly as a participant and/or leader of cross-functional and strategic project teams.
- Actively promote proper Process Engineering tools, effective communication methods, and teamwork and results oriented activities for the company as a whole.
- Prepare documents, records and reports as appropriate. Follow up on all communications internally and externally essential to the job.
- Secure data in a manner such as to ensure that the company’s interests are at all times protected.
- Provide support, direction and/or supervisory responsibilities within the organization.
Complexity of Duties:
- Work is highly independent
- Makes decisions based upon sound judgment.
- Special instructions given by manager for new assignments.
- Contacts are with all levels of personnel (both regional and global) including executive and senior management, across organizations, internal and external customers in various organizations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge of all Quality planning tools, Lean, 6 Sigma, APQP, PPAP, etc.
Customer interaction skills such as presentation, oral and written communications skills
Knowledge of specific process and quality tools (VOC, Process mapping, 8Ds, etc) and methodologies such as ISO 9000, 14,000, 18,000 and other relevant voluntary National and International Standards.
Knowledge of process design and improvement including process mapping and improvement tools e.g. Kaizen, six sigma analytical and conceptual skills.
Team building and project management skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies or Engineering (Chemical/Mechanical/etc. discipline)
- 5-8 years’ experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to translate technical language to lay audiences.
- Verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and practical solutions for preventative and corrective actions.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of effective measurement tools e.g. Balanced Scorecard.
- Computer literary skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Exposure to high levels of heat, noise and fumes while in the plant environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D