At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by helping to manage and grow our human capital assets to ensure the highest level of performance across all the areas of our business.
Position is responsible for providing strategic and tactical human resources support in a consultative capacity to employees and all levels of management. Working with assigned business groups this position will partner directly with management to provide advice and counsel on HR programs, practices and strategies in support of the objectives and operations of the business. Consults and provides content in areas such as employee relations, organizational change, performance management, employee and management development, organizational design and development, succession planning, recruitment and retention strategies, compensation management, and training. Responsible for implementation, measurement and review of key HR processes and ensuring that these processes are administered consistently throughout the assigned business groups. Responsible for identifying and communicating best practices and assisting with the strategic and business planning process as it relates to human resource issues.
- Assist with the creation and development of a successful strategy for the design, implementation and review of key HR processes.
- Ensure that HR processes and procedures are consistently communicated and administered throughout all business situations.
- Acts as a trusted advisor and consults with management on the HR implications of business/assigned group decisions; challenges decisions from an HR perspective, when appropriate.
- Work with managers to effectively diagnose organizational issues and partner to solve them.
- Coach management through challenging issues and business goals by providing consultation on defining key objectives and potential obstacles, identifying and influencing strategies for success, recommend and implement action plans, while monitoring and evaluating results.
- Flawless execution and delivery of value-added HR services, including but not limited to: performance management, talent reviews, organizational development, compensation planning and project management.
- Partner with all levels of management to develop and drive plans that optimize talent, structure, process and culture.
- Partner with management in workforce planning, skills assessment and succession planning.
- Work collaboratively with HR centers of excellence (compensation, benefits, and talent management) to address business unit needs.
- Work with Talent Manager to develop effective recruitment strategies with the objective of hiring the most qualified candidates in the most cost-effective manner. Recruits, interviews and evaluates applicants for job openings as required.
- Supports the implementation of routine performance management processes. Participates in discussions on performance improvement and assists in creating individual development plans partnering with managers to effectively address performance gaps. Ensures all appropriate documentation is maintained.
- Provide guidance and counsel on individual growth and development plans.
- Collaborate with management team to develop processes that engage and inspire employees at all levels.
- Suggest recommendations for internal HR process improvements and execute accordingly.
- Assist with development and update of HR policies and procedures.
- Provide ongoing reporting and recommendations.
Complexity of Duties:
- Ability to work independently, conferring with manager on new or unusual matters.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers at all levels of the organization.
- Requires strategic and tactical abilities.
- Makes decisions based on sound judgment.
- Requires full use and application of Human Resource concepts, principles and theories.
- Ability to generate potential solutions to a wide array of problems and situations.
- Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring appreciable originality and ingenuity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Ability to initiate, implement and promote change in the organization.
- Strategic planning and development skills.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and negotiation skills. Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of key HR areas including employee relations, performance management, employment law and other government compliance regulations, organizational development, recruiting and management coaching.
- Strong problem solving, collaboration, coaching, influencing, and facilitation skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver presentations.
- Excellent relationship management skills with proven success in interacting effectively with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree with major concentration in HR Management or business-related field or equivalent experience
5-8 years of experience as HR Generalist/Business Partner.
Strong employee relations and performance management skills and sound knowledge of employment law and other government compliance regulations. In addition this position requires specific human resource expertise in a minimum of two HR functional areas such as employee relations, performance management, recruiting or training.
Experience working in a matrix and metrics-driven organization preferred.
Experience working in a process orientated environment with a focus on continuous process improvement.
Manufacturing related experience strongly preferred.
Experience working in a global company desirable.
HR Certification highly desirable.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a matrix environment.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial and business documents.
Ability to manage confidential information.
Effective problem solving and decision making skills. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Self starter, ability to organize, prioritize and juggle multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines.
Ability to produce accurate, high quality work in a time-sensitive, fast paced environment is required.
Ability to work under pressure with rapidly changing priorities.
Ability to research and analyze various types of data required. Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and project management skills required.
- Excellent computer skills required in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience working with HRIS data bases, and on-line Applicant Tracking and Performance Management systems.
Ability to work independently and also collaborate in a team environment.
Must be self-aware and able to adapt to a variety of situations that require good judgment.
Requires strong attention to detail and follow-through.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.; computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D