***PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSTING DIRECTLY. KINDLY EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO PRIORITYRESUME@CHESTERTON.COM WITH "CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE CANADA" IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers. This job impacts the customer by being involved in every facet of our business as it relates to sales, shipping, order entry, billing, credit marketing, as well as all subdivisions of manufacturing and engineering, information technology, quality and environmental. You are assisting and driving clear communication between distributors, customers, and end-users around the world!
Provide results oriented full scope Customer Service to end users in a defined geographical area. Ability to fully detail the features and benefits of Chesterton products and policy and procedure. Possess strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills. Ability to be the go-to person for service needs.
- Accountable for implementing Corporate routines, controls and procedures in local office to ensure proper recording and safeguarding of Corporate assets.
- Review all customer purchase orders for accuracy.
- Provides quotes, special pricing, logistical information, resolve credit disputes and warranty claims.
- Prepares and enters sales/purchase/transfer orders into ERP system..
- Handle general inquiries in ERP system, stock checks.
- Phone support to provide customers with answers to basic needs and inquiries.
- Basic administrative tasks, filing, copy work
- Expediting and order tracking.
- Complete documentation for new customer accounts and new vendor set up.
- Credit processing and return good authorizations.
- Maintains all changes to price books and reference materials to assure all are at current revision levels.
- Prepare proper paperwork and hazardous documentation for used seals sent in for repair.
- Shipping and receiving.
- Assist Global CST in credit resolution programs.
- Assist in the standardization and reduction of inventory using IMM and critical inventory programs.
- Works with other team members in identifying productivity improvements for the group.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Candidate must possess ability to continuously learn and apply new information.
- Professionalism and effective communication is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and simultaneously manage multiple demands.
Complexity of Duties:
- Possess advanced knowledge of Chesterton’s infrastructure
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, Chesterton Software and detailed ERP system.
- Demonstrate ability with inventory, check stock within the distribution channel for local needs and requirements
- Provide full service of Chesterton’s products, information, procedure and systems
- Understands the inner workings of the office, reports directly to C.S. supervisor or operations manager
- Demonstrates above average abilities in working with customers and all organizational areas
- Interfaces with the local sales force and customer base as well as contacts at Chesterton in the following areas: Manufacturing, Information Technology, Operations, Customer Service, Quality and all functional departments within the Chesterton organization
- Demonstrates leadership qualities, ability to lead by example
Education and/or Experience:
Other Skills and Abilities:
Organizational, communication, and problem solving skill
Attention to detail
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Ability to use a telephone, computer, printer, filing system
Ability to speak clearly and concisel
Ability to write and manipulate documents
Knowledge of computers and basic office machines and equipment
Ability to troubleshoot and provide realistic solutions to customers, sales force and the organization
Ability to work well with minimal direction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.