At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers. This job impacts the customer by producing the materials needed to complete customer orders on time to meet their needs.
Performs general operations necessary for manufacturing in the MPB-Live Loading Department. This includes operating manufacturing equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures or utilizing proper operating techniques. Completes routine procedures utilizing standard instruments (i.e. cutting Devices, twister machines, etc.). Must have the ability to use sound judgment in making decisions. Performs periodic quality control analysis as required to complete in-process production. May perform basic equipment maintenance.
- Twists raw material on manufacturing equipment, which involves manual dexterity and lifting product of approximately 30lbs.
- Braids wet OT material in the Style One Cell by using the braiding machinery which involves lifting the bobbins onto the machinery parts which may range in weight from five to twenty-five pounds.
- Coils wet OT material on the appropriate machinery, which involves repetitive motion. Operates bobbin winders requiring repetitive motion.
- Cuts Style One and GTP rings, using cutting machine, to proper size based on customer orders. Manufactures style one cut rings, cut rings, and GTP rings by using much manual dexterity and the appropriate manufacturing equipment.
- Presses graphite tape into die formed rings using appropriate mold and pressing equipment.
- Manufactures and assembles flange springs by using appropriate equipment and in -stock material in accordance with customer orders.
- Cuts stainless steel tubing by using a cutting device requiring much dexterity and safe practice techniques.
- Operates Business System to properly execute order inquiries, cycle count adjustments, as well as other routine business transactions.
- Assembles orders and packages assembled orders by locating in-stock material in accordance with customer orders.
- Assembles Live Loading components into Live Loading assemblies.
- Packages and ships product orders by boxing and labeling materials using the appropriate equipment.
Complexity of Duties
Works under minimal supervision
Ability to make decisions based on a set of predetermined parameters.
Ability to work according to written/verbal/ and or graphic instructions/procedures which will ensure safety on the job and efficient, effective, production process.
Ability to work well with others
Ability to work in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to work under pressure.
Ability to perform more than one function at a time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to operate simple machines such as the braider, twister, fork lift, etc.
Ability to read, comprehend and follow written/verbal instructions and sequences of events.
Basic math skills.
Ability to lift up to fifty pounds manually on a frequent basis and to utilize supportive lifting equipment such as the fork lift as required.
Manual dexterity to handle small sharp and/or specialized tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or Trade School preferred
- At least six months experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, twist, reach with hands and arms and lift up to 50 pounds. Employee is occasionally required to sit, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Exposure to high noise and temperature levels.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D