At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers. This job impacts the customer by increasing our cost competitiveness while maintaining high quality standards for raw materials.
Coordinate and manage all activities relating transactional processing of purchase orders for Direct and Indirect spend from specified suppliers. Responsible for purchase order vendor acknowledgement process and on time delivery performance. Requires exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Follows ordering policies as defined by materials management for each commodity.
- Reviews and evaluates planned daily MRP orders and take appropriate action.
- Prepares and enters purchase orders into the materials business system, obtains supplier acknowledgement and monitors Open Purchase Order report to ensure On Time Delivery.
- Maintain/Change Purchase Orders as necessary (cancel, postpone, etc.)
- Expedites materials as necessary to ensure continuous material availability.
- Manages the replenishment of Kanban and/or supplier consigned inventory for designated parts.
- Processes non-conforming material reports for defective material, to ensure problems are resolved, containment is achieved and replacement material is obtained in a timely manner.
- Acts as a liaison between suppliers and Chesterton’s Finance group on issues, including invoices, payment terms and payment method.
- Works with the logistics team to ensure supplier compliance with freight and shipping procedures, assist in resolving freight claims and issues, and utilize cost effective and efficient shipping methods.
- Actively participates in lean / six sigma improvement activities within and outside the materials team.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works under general direction.
- Requires analytical application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field, as well as strong knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Provides solutions to a wide range of problems, some of which may be complex in nature. Solutions are imaginative and thorough.
- Suboptimal results, decisions or recommendations would often result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer/supplier contacts are expected. Professionally represents the team and Chesterton in a variety of issues associated with specific projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong interpersonal skills.
High proficiency in written/verbal communication, and be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
Able to understand and work effectively in an ISO 9000 / ISO 14001 environments.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite products
Consistent Customer-focused attitude.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of supply chain experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Advanced decision-making and problem solving skills.
Ability to work with minimal direction.
Function well in a dynamic environment and be able to prioritize tasks.
Must be able and willing to travel as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
A.W. CHESTERTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D