Who We Need:
You love to build strong relationships with your customers.
You are the voice of our customer.
You are answering customer's queries, offering advice and introducing new product solutions.
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by building strong relationships, some of which have lasted over 20 years in similar roles! In this role, you are in a unique position to be the voice of our customer. You are directly answering their queries, offering advice and introducing new product solutions.
Provide sales, service and technical support for specific end user sales territories. Develop and implement territory sales strategies. Responsible for meeting sales and expense budget objectives. Provide and direct the tactical execution of conceptual sales strategies and implementation of contractual agreements. Depending on territory location, may be required to obtain TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Achieve the sales budget for a defined group of user customers.
- Manage activity with area expense budget.
- Maintains company contacts and account listing of territory.
- In response to user needs, develops applications, prepares quotations and enters orders for Chesterton products.
- Focused on resolution of problems for the user.
- Drive regional, corporate account business strategies and new product introductions.
- Provide formal quarterly business plan update to management along with monthly update of 90 day rolling forecast.
- Provides product, installation and application training for end users.
- Conduct in-plant and hotel seminars to educate users in the use of Chesterton products
- Act as liaison between Chesterton and its user customers.
- When necessary, may be called upon to deliver product to the user.
- Able to measure user equipment to apply Chesterton product and install products when required.
- Conforms to all Chesterton Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Manage Human Resource issues to ensure integrity and legal obligations
Complexity of Duties:
- Employee works under general direction and supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, accuracy and conformance with annual business plan.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions associated with the sale and marketing of our products.
- Responsible for sales results through sale of Chesterton products to users.
- Previous performance must have demonstrated superior Conceptual, Technical, People, and Organizational Skills plus a Strong Work Ethic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent interpersonal and selling skills.
Must have or be capable of developing strong technical knowledge of Chesterton products.
Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at management and hourly maintenance levels.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process flow.
- Ability to work under pressure and rapidly changing priorities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in the industrial sales and/or management
- BA, BS, degree preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills.
- Technical knowledge.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Computer skills.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Extensive land and air travel may be required.
- May be required from time to time to take and successfully complete customer-directed drug and/or alcohol testing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision. Ability to travel. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Exposure to high levels of heat or noise may occur while visiting in the customer plant environment. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
A.W. CHESTERTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D