Who We Need:
Your attention to detail is top of the line and you love to develop projects.
You love the industrial manufacturing environment.
You’re looking forward to using your knowledge of the chemical industry, lubricants, cleaners and maintenance compounds in your next career!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers. This job impacts the customer by ensuring product support (literature, training elements, marketing packages and market direction is appropriately developed and transferred to our sales force. In addition this person's job will entail regularly reaching out to end users to ensure we understand their application needs and then driving this input into engineering functions for proper inclusion into product development activities.
Reporting to the Global Product Line Manager, the Product Manager - Industrial Lubricants is a tactical, individual contributor role that plans, organizes and supports the development and implementation of global marketing and sales strategies for the ARC and IL/MRO product lines. This includes supporting and executing both industry and product strategic marketing plans, supporting products and programs development to accelerate profitable product sales growth. Focus is to achieve market share optimization and profitable industry or product segment sales growth in each. Works to ensure programs are aligned with key company strategies and objectives set by product marketing leadership.
- Is responsible for the management, budget, and growth of the defined product portfolio; utilizes product portfolio management and product life cycle tools and processes to manage the product line structure.
- Leads a team of product line managers to drive the execution of global product line strategic marketing plans and resulting marketing activities, including identification of target markets and industry segments and the channel structure required to access them.
- Manages product line profitability in support of company strategic goals. Directs product management team for product price reviews, price exceptions, industrial product promotion, discount programs, and product line life-cycle reviews are tasks and activities linked to company profitability impact.
- Conducts global market research and field visits to determine customer dynamics, drivers, current and future customer needs, opportunities, and to recognize specific geographical considerations for both products and programs
- Leads global competitor, product, technology, and market-specific competitive intelligence gathering and evaluation activity
- In conjunction with engineering, lead R&D activities with respect to the identification and incorporation of new and emerging technologies into the existing product portfolio to specifically create a sustainable market differentiation
- Responsible to develop, manage and conduct new product and program introductions. This includes identifying target markets / applications to optimize the new product, and developing promotion, training requirements, and other sales tools necessary for a smooth and fast acceptance of the product in the market
- Execute marketing initiatives in conjunction with sales management.
- Responsible for group staffing, motivation, training, development and evaluation of subordinate personnel in conjunction with goal setting and periodic review per company requirements
- Proactively identifies and overcomes business issues by working collaboratively with key operational and sales functions.
- Focuses on setting strategic direction for the product lines and delegates day-to-day industry and product initiative activities to the product management team.
- Determines and supports specific customer relations programs including industry conventions, annual meetings, and trade associations.
- Supports the design and delivery of training programs for assigned product lines.
- Manages design and delivery of online, web casts, e-newsletters, web conferencing training in cooperation with Demand Generation.
Complexity of Duties:
- Ability to work under limited supervision and matrixed resources, as an independent contributor, or within a team.
- Full use and application of classical marketing theories, concepts and techniques.
- High level of strategic and tactical abilities in marketing.
- Capability to work with and influence various disciplines, both internal and external.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Matrix management necessary.
- Delivers a frequent and effective level of communication with management, customers and field sales.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven sales experience and knowledge of sales strategies.
- Proven knowledge of industrial marketing and strategy development.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Proven ability to implement competitive intelligence methodologies to anticipate and understand market needs and act within the organization to respond.
- Strong industry and/or related products background.
- Ability to provide strong leadership and focus to global matrix support groups.
- Ability to influence all levels within the organizations we approach.
- Capability to interact effectively with all levels within the organizations we approach.
- Leadership and people management skills and experience.
- Appraises employee performance, facilitates employee cross training, salary administration and employee development efforts. Participates in recruitment efforts and discipline issues.
- Ability to teach, lead and mentor associates and reports what they must know to fully accomplish objectives and desired results.
- Strong overall business acumen.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional team to achieve product line objectives.
Education and/or Experience:
MBA or equivalent in the areas of marketing, engineering or business or equivalent
6+ years industry experience related to area of assigned responsibility.
Strong knowledge of industrial marketing, industrial sales, strategic planning, retail sales force and distributor channel, coupled with a proven, professional approach.
Strong technical knowledge of Chesterton products or similar products preferred.
Experience in strategic planning and execution required.
Ability to travel an average of 50%.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. May be subjected to high heat or noise levels when visiting customer sites. Must have the ability to drive an automobile and travel by airline.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A.W. CHESTERTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D