Responsible for setting and driving global marketing and training strategy for A.W. Chesterton Company. This role leads planning, development and implementation of all of the Company’s marketing and training strategies, marketing communication, and marketing and product management programs across all regions. Develops and maintains information on the competitive landscape, defines market opportunities, and identifies and implements new products and channels based on global territory and industry needs. Provides global leadership direction through strategic planning and program direction.
- Provides global leadership direction through strategic planning and program direction.
- Drives regional teams to establish strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Directs products businesses, directors and other personnel to achieve company objectives for sales volume, cost of sales and market penetration.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Provides leadership and guidance to regional resources regarding staffing, motivation, training, development and evaluation of subordinate personnel in conjunction with goal setting and periodic review per company requirements.
- Drives new product introductions that both fall within the current product groups, and also broaden the reach of current company product groups and/or markets.
- Directs teams to plan and oversee inbound and outbound advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail. Oversees development and production of promotional and collateral materials.
- Evaluates and recommends sales channel development programs.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Accountable for the efficient performance of strategic marketing activities, including:
- Sales, market and opportunity forecasting
- Inventory requirement forecasting
- Trade promotion
- New product identification, program participation and implementation
- Competitive intelligence
- Marketing communications, trade and advertising
- Evaluation of current pricing levels, competitive pricing and future pricing levels
- Product line margin management
- Development and maintenance of customer database
- Market and customer surveys
- Establishes and maintains contact with existing and potential customers. To enhance customer perception of company’s products and services, actively participates in selling efforts to support key accounts and high sales level.
- Manages the Innovation process for the company and develops and maintains a balanced portfolio of innovation opportunities across all businesses.
- Together with Operations, Engineering and Sales management prioritizes product/service development programs for the company. Holds regular monthly meetings to review status of current projects and develop the need for new products/services.
- Coordinates with operations to assure appropriate product characteristics, including quality, cost to manufacture, cost reduction activities, and new product development.
- Drives global training strategy for sales and service personnel, and distribution partners through classroom, online and in-field training programs.
- Resolves conflicts and facilitates changes in structure of marketing group to ensure objective fulfillment and swift response to marketing problems and opportunities.
- Provides leadership in transforming organization to a customer focused, marketing driven company.
- Seeks input from global sales functions on products/services needed to grow sales.
- Ensures the articulation of the Company’s desired image and positioning, assuring consistent communication internally and externally
- Together with the sales management organization, participates in the development and planning of the necessary initiatives to meet the company’s sales objectives
- Optimizes marketing and training resources to ensure best return on investment.
- Manages marketing and training expense budgets to budgeted levels.
- Must be able to travel frequently within global area (50+% of the time)
Complexity of Duties:
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining strategic and tactical objectives. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long time perspective, for desired results. Consults with Engineering, Operations, Sales, Finance, IT.
- Supports group technical expertise and applies advanced marketing principles in solving complex problems. Requires the regular use of ingenuity and creativity and extensive expertise as a generalist or specialist.
- Provides support to professionals within the organization. Functions in a key leadership role.
- Works on unusually complex problems and provides solutions that are highly innovative.
- Ability to direct and/or support other professional staff.
- Sets performance standards and manages employee performance.
- Ability to work under frequently changing priorities and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Contacts are frequent with all levels of the organization and customer representatives.
- Advises top management on advanced research studies and applications.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in choosing a particular course of action.
- Erroneous decision or recommendations would normally result in critical delays and modifications to designs or projects. They could cause substantial expenditure of time, human resources and funds and may jeopardize future technological capability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Classical marketing process training
Excellent leadership, interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
Strategic planning and development skills.
Strong financial and business acumen.
Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, internally and externally.
Effective problem solving and decision making skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
Education and/or Experience:
University Degree in Engineering/Marketing/Business or related field
MBA or advanced marketing degree required
10+ years of P&L experience in Marketing Management
or equivalent combination education and experience
Experience in developing/building marketing organization/framework
Business-to-business marketing experience (preferable industrial products)
Experience with process industries, in particular, Water and Waste Water, Oil and Gas, Mining and Ore Processing, Chemical and Food & Beverage
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Motivational skills.
- Innovative mindset.
- Ability to effectively manage the work of subordinate managers.
- Technical skills, ability to understand products lines.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict resolution.
- Understanding of computers and business systems.
- 50+ percent travel required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Ability to travel 50+ percent of the time. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D