Who We Need:
Your customer relation skills are TOP NOTCH!
You are familiar with operational systems like CRM and AX12.
Problem solving is your thing.
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Responsible for providing service to the customer and support to outside sales, distributor network and end user customers. Responsible for review of all customer purchase orders for accuracy, technical information, and working with appropriate functional areas to meet specific requirements. An Account Executive is involved in every facet of our business as it relates to sales, i.e., contract review, order entry, logistics, invoicing, issuance of credit as well as working with marketing and other subdivisions of manufacturing and engineering, information technology, quality and environmental to ensure total customer satisfaction. Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and team skills required. An Account Executive needs to be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills. The position requires an ability to directly handle routine and complex, non-routine issues that may require a great deal of time, direct involvement and close interaction with distributors, customers, and end-users on a global basis.
- Reviews all customer purchase orders for overall accuracy. Processes and expedites customer orders using the on-line business system. Follows up on orders to ensure delivery out of the facility by specified dates.
- Communicates with and responds to customer inquiries via telephone, fax, email and post mail as appropriate.
- Provides customers/end-users with technical and product data and support. Provides quotes, special pricing, logistical information, resolves credit disputes, and other information as requested by customers.
- May recommend and/or attempt to sell alternative or additional products to customers.
- Works with material planning to monitor inventory control and red flag orders that may deplete stock.
- Prepares invoices and logistical documents as required.
- Communicates with and responds to customers, end-users, and outside sales groups to coordinate delivery schedules and meet customer requirements.
- Manages, responds to, and investigates, customer complaints. Directs complaints of service/product failures to appropriate department for investigation/ resolution.
- Maintains and compiles statistics/quality measures. May prepare reports.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works under general direction. Must be capable of working independently, and as a team. Work is reviewed for technical judgment and overall accuracy.
- Full use and application of technical and product data, business and customer service procedures. Candidate must possess the ability to continuously learn, improve and apply new information.
- Ability to provide solutions to a variety of problems ranging in complexity. The key is to be able to leverage resources in meeting the demands of both internal and external customers.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Involved in multiple facets of the business. Represents the organization and acts as an information source. Professionalism and effective communication is required.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and simultaneously manage multiple demands.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong commitment and understanding to customer service.
Proficiency in the use of computers and navigation of software programs as well as a willingness to gain full comprehension of the computer's many administrative options.
Ability to work as a team in a fast paced environment. Ability to work well under pressure.
Ability to adapt to changes in territories, customer specific requirements , company policies and procedures.
Working knowledge of a manufacturing environment and/or willingness to learn.
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree or equivalent
- Two years related experience preferred.
- Experience in customer service, manufacturing, and/or business environments desirable.
- Foreign language skills desirable.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Solid communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Must be capable of becoming knowledgeable about product lines from business and technical aspects.
- Must be capable of representing the Company at training schools, social events, and/or dinners with customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
A.W. CHESTERTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D