Who We Need:
You have experience with Freight management and want to put your knowledge to work!
Managing a high volume/fact paced environment is what you enjoy most in your work.
You’re a problem solver by nature and love to have an impact on efficiency!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
The Logistics Warehouse Manager is accountable for the overall operations of the Groveland Warehouse, including Shipping, Receiving and Warehouse Stock for a 2-shift operation. The Warehouse Manager will be directly responsible for the activities and direction of the Logistics / Warehouse Supervisors and their direct subordinate groups. Additional management responsibilities include, but are not limited to, oversight of finished materials, receiving functions, shipping functions, and transportation for both US and International. This position is also accountable for maintaining the set delivery service levels. Overall personnel function and accountability will report to this position, including responsibility for performance and disciplinary issues. The manager must maintain and deliver customer orders at or above expected metrics.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Directs the activities warehouse supervisor(s) and their subordinates.
- Ensure overall quality of Logistics work is at or above set standards of excellence.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Establish maintenance programs for all Logistics equipment including fork trucks, strapping machines, scales, conveyers, pallet jacks, computers, label printers, shrink wrappers, etc.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Coordinates the effective utilization of manpower, equipment and materials, maintaining applicable cost and delivery metrics.
- Approve and/or update policies and procedures.
- Insure all training is complete and timely.
- Direct involvement in continuous improvement processes, focusing on service and productivity.
- Oversee personnel issues and bring resolution.
- On time performance reviews for all subordinate employees.
- Monitor spending to budgets and insure expenditures are prudent and timely.
- Insure overall compliance to safety and regulatory requirements.
- Employee development and improvements.
- Insure communication with all support groups to accomplish necessary priorities and operational objectives.
Complexity of Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of warehouse practices, and inventory control techniques.
Understanding of business objectives.
Ability to construct and manage budgets and capital spending needs.
Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
Strong written and oral communication skills. Advanced interpersonal skills.
Ability to manage others while objectively and effectively managing employee performance.
Exhibited skill in project teams and continuous improvement programs.
Understanding of Trade Compliance protocols for both import and export.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years in a demonstrated Warehouse/Shipping leadership role.
- Experienced in team projects relative to improvements in process.
- Experience with Lean concepts and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of operating policies, practices and procedures.
- Experience in trade / export preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of regulatory issues relative to shipping preferred.
- Dangerous Goods experience preferred.
- IATA / IMO / DOT Certified preferred.
- Trained in process improvement techniques.
- Active participation in business management environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
A.W. CHESTERTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D