Who We Need:
You have strong attention to detail.
You enjoy data entry and strive for perfection!
You can troubleshoot and solve problems quickly and welcome a challenge!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers. This job impacts the customer by creating and maintaining our Item Master Database to ensure items are set up correctly and provide our customer with the correct components. This position will also process our customers' purchase orders.
Responsible for working with all retail offices in the setup and maintenance of all retail and repair item numbers. Ensure that BOM's and routings specific to each product are designed, developed, and entered into the system in a timely and accurate manner. This is a key position that impacts all aspects of the business and on-line business system. In addition to this database piece, the position is also responsible for overseeing and assisting with the maintenance of the documentation system, including, specifications, procedures, work instructions, forms, quality reports and other related systems.
- Communicate with multiple departments and layers of management to design and develop bills of materials and routings.
- Works closely with Product Data Management group to ensure all the repair items are updated according to applicable processes.
- Ensure database accuracy and integrity. Manage Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly item master audit reports.
- Write and maintain system and/or database documentation.
- BOM, Routing, and Item Number entry into the Business System.
- Work under deadline to ensure timely implementation of various product-related activities, e.g., product structures, item numbers etc.
- Work on various special projects as requested.
- Administer and process changes to quality system procedures and forms including distribution, review, and tracking.
- Assigns procedure numbers.
- Process, maintain and file all ECN’s/ECR’s.
- Process, distribute, file and index all product, process and material specifications.
- Administers outside record storage. Assists Quality Engineer with quality record and data compilation.
- Review, quote, and process all Repair Seal orders for the New England Service Center
- Review, quote and process all Gasket orders
Complexity of Duties:
Works with limited supervision.
Works closely with multiple departments and layers of management to support quality objectives throughout the division.
Frequently works under pressure, with a sense of urgency, to prioritize effectively under frequently changing priorities.
Capacity to solve problems and troubleshoot to the root cause to meet customer needs.
Effectively determine and recommend corrective action.
Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions and/or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and result in the allocation of additional resources.
- Provide support to other functions as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Familiarity with ISO 9000 and computerized business planning systems.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to operate PC and skilled in its use. Word processing, spreadsheet, and database skills.
Appreciation for internal/external customer service
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent in experience.
- Five plus years related experience.
- Considerable knowledge of manufacturing environment, types of materials used and an understanding of pc generated business systems.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Appreciation for internal/external customer service.
- Working knowledge of products and manufacturing environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.; computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D