Who We Need:
You have AX experience and can’t wait to use it!
You have outstanding Excel skills.
You have great organizational skills!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Responsible for a wide variety of tasks involved in the Stock Clerk / Shipping function in Mechanical Seal Manufacturing. Follows a number of specified procedures as prescribed in the work instructions or slightly varied in sequence. This would include, but not limited to: performing computer transactions on manufacturing orders, putting stock away in defined inventory locations, pulling components for customer orders, and packing and shipping items as requested. Must be able to lift heavy items independently, and must have or be willing to obtain a fork truck license.
- Performs numerous data transactions on a daily basis utilizing the Company’s software program.
- Unpacks Vendor purchased items and arranges them within the appropriate stocking locations.
- Ensures that all components that are manufactured internally are stored and arranged properly in the appropriate stocking locations.
- Transacts, stores, and may disassemble Company authorized credit returns on a regular basis.
- Reconciles inventory discrepancies in accordance to prescribed Cycle Count methods and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring Mechanical Seal inventory stocking locations for organization, cleanliness, and proper labeling, etc.
- Works closely with Mechanical Seal Team Members on a daily basis on issues related to transactions, inventory problems, and overall material movement within the cell.
- Packages customer orders by using proper packaging and labeling methods which involves using the computer database system.
- May perform other manufacturing support functions as needed up to 25% of the time.
- Pick / Pack customer orders in an accurate manner with good attention to improving quality of work leaving the facility.
Complexity of Duties:
Works with minimal supervision. Specific instructions provided as needed for special assignments or complex job operations.
Must possess a thorough understanding of all transactions needed to perform the job.
Works closely with groups within and outside of the division. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with numerous individuals on a regular basis on any matter pertaining to the business.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School , Trade School, or General Education diploma
- Two to three years in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using a computer terminal with menu driven business systems desired. Business operation system software is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilties:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis
- Ability to read and comprehend written and verbal instructions in order to adhere to warehouse stock clerk and shipping responsibilities.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- General math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions) skills are required.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Ability to follow all Company safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work well under pressure on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in other manufacturing cells when the workload warrants it.
- Ability to work in a warehouse / manufacturing environment. Common conditions may include loud noise, extreme heat in summer and ability to adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Ability to operate a computer / keyboard in accordance to the standards and requirements of the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Loud noise (i.e.: Manufacturing machines, computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Ability to walk up and down a flight of stairs on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand or walk during your shift on cement floors.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D