Who We Need:
- You are successful at building strong relationships with your customers.
- You have that unique combination of technical background, along with people skills
- You are a "born persuader", and you love a good negotiation
- You are an experienced sales professional with a proven record of outperforming the competition
- You live in Middle Tennessee or the Chattanooga Area
How about working at a company:
- That was started more than 40 years ago and whose business is still growing
- That is family-owned and managed by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name and welcome you as part of the “family”
- That is one of the most successful distributors of A.W. Chesterton Company, a company that started more than 130 years ago and has a significant global presence
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring “Best in Class” service to our customers every day
Provide sales, service and technical support for a specific end-user sales territory. Develop and implement territory sales strategies. Responsible for meeting sales and gross profit objectives. Provide and direct the tactical execution of conceptual sales strategies and implementation of contractual agreements. May be required to obtain TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
We offer an aggressive compensation package that includes salary with performance-based commission and expenses. Other benefits include medical insurance, company sponsored 401k and life insurance.
- Work independently as well as part of a team to achieve the sales budget for a defined territory.
- Maintain company contacts and account listings of territory.
- In response to user needs, develops applications, prepare quotations and enter orders for products and service.
- Focus on solution-based sales and service.
- Provide formal quarterly business plan update to management along with periodic updates on sales activity and forecasting.
- Support Branch Sales Manager in strategic planning and execution for maximum effectiveness.
- Provide product, installation and application training for end users.
- Assist in conducting in-plant and off-site seminars to educate users in the use of our products
- When necessary, may be called upon to deliver product to the user.
- Adhere to customers’ safety practices.
- Able to accurately measure user equipment to apply and install appropriate products.
Complexity of Duties:
- Employee works under general direction and supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, accuracy and conformance with annual business plan.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions associated with the sale and marketing of our products.
- Responsible for sales results through sale of products to users.
- Previous performance must have demonstrated superior Conceptual, Technical, People, and Organizational Skills plus a Strong Work Ethic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and selling skills.
- Must have or be capable of developing strong technical knowledge of all products.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at management and front-line levels.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process flow.
- Ability to work under pressure and with rapidly changing priorities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in industrial sales, engineering and/or management
- BA, BS, degree preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills.
- Technical knowledge.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Extensive land travel is required.
- May be required from time to time to take and successfully complete customer-directed drug and/or alcohol testing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision. Ability to travel. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Exposure to high levels of heat or noise may occur while visiting in the customer plant environment. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of Sealing Specialists Inc. employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Sealing Specialists Inc. is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
This position is at Sealing Specialists, Inc. Sealing Specialists is one of A.W. Chesterton's long-time distribution partners.