Who We Need:
You enjoy tinkering and working with your hands.
You have exceptional attention to detail.
You understand that the products that you make impact the customer in a BIG way!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Responsible for the assembly of simple mechanical seals with no more than two sub-assemblies in the Bill of Material (B.O.M.). Performs a variety of repetitive operations to assemble mechanical seals, products and sub-assemblies. Performs inventory transactions utilizing standard operating procedures for stockroom receipts, issues and adjustments on computer terminals. Uses a variety of common hand tools and simple machines. Stores and retrieves materials as required.
- Consults shop order to determine parts needed for the seal assembly. Retrieves component parts from inventory based on inventory data supplied via shop order.
- Performs a variety of repetitive tasks using simple hand tools, i.e., allen wrench, dental picks, etc. to assemble seal.
- May operate engraving and/or etching machine as required.
- Performs simple in process quality control inspection to validate fit and function, i.e., does the seal fit together?
- Validates accuracy of components to shop order by part number and/or simple inspection criteria, i.e., o-ring inspection cone, inside diameter inspection via test shafts at the final assembly stage, inspects for thread hang-up, burrs, dirt and oil residue during assembly.
- Identifies all questionable components and isolates them for quality control rework as required.
- Identifies and selects appropriate packaging for each assembled seal in accordance with the shop order.
- Consults shop order and transcribes (hand-writes) date, lot number and other designated information onto the packaging label.
- Maintains clean and efficient assembly bench (work area) in work area.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works with limited supervision. No instructions needed on routine work. Detailed instructions given for special assignments.
- Basic level of job knowledge required to perform routine assembly and sub-assembly operations.
- Ability to work according to written/verbal instructions and procedures which will ensure safety on the job and efficient, effective assembly process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be capable of reading and understanding instructions.
Must be capable of following a clearly written and described sequence of events.
Manual dexterity to utilize small hand tools and perform repetitive assembly tasks.
Ability to operate simple machines, engraver, etc.
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or Trade School preferred.
- Entry level. Experience in manufacturing environment a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in an uncomfortable environment, i.e., extreme heat and noise.
- Ability to work under pressure and work well with others.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Manual dexterity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis. Exposure to high noise and temperature levels.
A.W. CHESTERTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D