Who We Need:
You have product knowledge regarding Seals, Pumps, Turbines and Rotating Equipment.
You know the industries! Like Power, Chemical and Wastewater!
You enjoy both sides of the coin, sales AND marketing!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Working with limited oversight from the Global Product Line Manager, the role involves organizing and supporting the implementation of global marketing and sales strategies for specific industry or product segments. This includes supporting both industry and product strategic marketing plans, supporting products and programs development to accelerate profitable product sales growth. Focus is to achieve market share optimization and profitable industry or product segment sales growth. Works to ensure programs are delivered in line with planned completion dates.
- Assist and support corporate-wide effort to grow sales of all applicable Chesterton products in targeted industry segment(s) or for specific assigned product (s) segments nationwide
- Supports the implementation of product specific strategy and marketing/sales plans to achieve sales growth and margin objectives.
- Conducts market research and field visits to determine customer dynamics, drivers, current and future customer needs, opportunities, and to recognize specific geographical considerations for both products and programs.
- Supports future product and program development activities by providing feedback on customer needs.
- Assists in delivering marketing initiatives in conjunction with sales management.
- Contributes to program implementation with matrix support groups including sales management, technical and marketing support, and divisional disciplines to achieve growth objectives.
- Manages day-to-day industry or assigned product initiative activities.
- Supports specific customer relations programs including industry conventions, annual meetings, and trade associations.
- Support and Delivers training programs for Mechanical Seal product line.
- Supports & Co-Ordinates online, web casts, e-newsletters, web conferencing training in cooperation with E-learning Coordinator
Complexity of Duties:
- Ability to work under limited supervision as an independent contributor, or within a team.
- Capability to understand high level strategic and tactical abilities in marketing.
- Capability to work with various disciplines, both internal and external.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Delivers a frequent and effective level of communication with management, customers and field sales.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience and knowledge of sales strategies.
- Knowledge of industrial marketing and strategy development.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Ability to understand market needs and act within the organization to respond.
- Strong industry and/or related products background.
- Ability to influence assigned projects within the organizations we approach.
- Capability to interact effectively with all levels within the organizations we approach.
- Strong overall business acumen.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional team to achieve product line objectives.
Education and/or Experience:
6+ years industry experience related to area of assigned responsibility.
Strong knowledge of industrial marketing, industrial sales, strategic planning, retail sales force and distributor channel, coupled with a proven, professional approach.
Strong technical knowledge of Chesterton products or similar products preferred.
Experience in strategic planning and execution required.
Certification in instructional systems design, adult learning principles from a recognized organization.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Results oriented.
- Customer Focused.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. May be subjected to high heat or noise levels when visiting customer sites. Must have the ability to drive an automobile and travel by airline. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D