Who We Need:
You have experience providing customer and inside technical support and you love solving problems!
You can recommend and implement solutions for current ERP systems.
You can solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship progRam for children of employees and many more!
That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Provides customer and inside technical support for business systems applications. This includes reporting tools, current ERP system and any other 3rd party integrations. Develop and implement new functionality related to the Business process software.
- Develop and lead in-house user groups to monitor system changes, enhancements and improvements.
- Assist in data migrations, extractions, corrections.
- Gather user requirements, recommend and implement solutions for current ERP or other 3rd party business systems.
- Provide ERP and reporting tools, data access, and application interface.
- Support current ERP integration with other systems.
- Provide day to day helpdesk user support.
- Assist with system design, configuration and implementation at off-site company offices.
- Active participation in applicable user groups, seminars and conferences.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works with minimum supervision, decisions are made based on pre-established policies and procedures.
- May be required to work flexible hours, outside standard business hours, to apply system maintenance, upgrades or to perform project implementation activities.
- Special instructions given for new assignments.
- Higher level of authority necessary when working beyond semi-routine complexity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
4 year college degree or significant military or business experience, in Manufacturing, distribution, financial and consumer business systems analysis and configuration.
- Implementation methodology knowledge required.
- Desktop business applications.
- ERP Systems, reporting systems, and application interface.
- Systems design and analysis skills.
- Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Sharepoint, MS Project).
Other Skills and Abilities (not mandatory):
- Ability to develop and lead in-house user groups.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D