Who We Need:
You're a planner extraordinaire. Whether it's a family vacation, or a simple grocery list, no detail is left unplanned or unattended.
To you, five minutes early is late.
There are no surprises in your calendar - you anticipate problems and delays before they pop up and you always have a solution at hand.
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. Maintains finished goods at targeted inventory levels. Advises management status of work in progress, material availability and potential production problems. Works closely with Customer Service Team to coordinate customer delivery requirements. Backup support for Customer Service Team as needed.
- Monitors daily order entry reports and communicates scheduling problems and concerns to Service Center Manager.
- Expedites late supplier deliveries, with Shop Manager, and production work orders to support the materials requirements plan. Initiates purchase requisitions when necessary.
- Plays key role in demand management process.
- Establishes and maintains reliability of appropriate database information.
- Issues weekly/monthly production schedule. Adjusts and expedites as required to achieve required customer service levels.
- Coordinates the requisition of some support items from various suppliers.
- Assists management in resolving problems concerning over shipments, shortages, engineering changes and cancellations of orders.
- Prepares and provides various reports for management. Participates actively in departmental and divisional meetings.
- Makes recommendations to improve effectiveness of shop work flow. Participates in cross-functional improvement teams as necessary.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works under general direction. Must be capable of working independently and as a team player. Work is reviewed for overall adequacy and accuracy in meeting objectives.
- Qualified. Must possess thorough understanding of materials, scheduling, inventory control and planning functions as well as a solid understanding of a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to provide solutions to a wide variety of problems and use sound judgment in decision-making processes. Failure to do so may cause delays in program schedules and result in the allocation of additional resources.
- Ability to interact well at all levels of the division. Ability to act as a liaison between Service Center manager and operations. Ability to work under extreme pressure and manage a number of projects simultaneously. Strong organizational skills.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in related field or equivalent in work related experience.
2+ years experience in Materials/Inventory Management and Production Control
Experienced in Microsoft Dynamics AX, SAP, or like computer business software.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of issuing purchase orders, scheduling and planning deliveries. Solid understanding of manufacturing environment, processes and business administration.
- Ability to operate computer and skilled in its use. Understanding of on-line inventory systems.
- Well-developed math and statistical reporting skills.
- Well developed problem-solving and decision-making skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (ie: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D