Who We Need:
You're a planner extraordinaire. Whether it's a family vacation, or a simple grocery list, no detail is left unplanned or unattended.
To you, five minutes early is late.
There are no surprises in your calendar - you anticipate problems and delays before they pop up and you always have a solution at hand.
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. Maintains component items at targeted inventory levels. Advises management on the status of work in progress, material availability and potential production problems. Coordinates interdepartmental activity with Quality Control, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Shipping, and Customer Service. Works closely with Customer Service Team and/or Final Assembly Planners to coordinate customer delivery requirements.
- From master schedule, review and evaluate planned orders (lot size, minimum balance and order policy codes and demand) through MRP. Take action when necessary.
- Monitors daily order entry reports and communicates scheduling problems and concerns to Customer Service Team and/or Final Assembly Planning.
- Prepares, enters and maintains manufacturing orders for all assigned fabrication components into the business system.
- Issues daily/weekly production schedule. Adjusts and expedites as required to achieve required customer service levels.
- Manage customer order backlog, status and maintenance for any affected orders
- Researches and assigns late shipment reason codes.
- Participates in root cause analysis reviews.
- Works with Demand Management to review customer demand history and makes appropriate database adjustments.
- Establishes and maintains reliability of appropriate database information.
- Assists management in resolving problems concerning shortages, engineering changes and cancellations of orders.
- Prepares and provides various reports for management. Participates actively in any required business meetings
- Develop capacity planning profiles and manage the balance between internal and external capacity.
- Makes recommendations to improve quality and effectiveness of production and inventory management systems.
- Audits bills of materials and routings regularly to resolve discrepancies. Reports the accuracy on a monthly basis.
- Supports the MRPII process in reviewing, auditing and analyzing manufacturing orders, bills of materials and routings, customer detail late shipment and materials plan performance.
- Participates in cross-functional improvement teams as necessary.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works under general direction. Must be capable of working independently and as a team player. Work is reviewed for overall adequacy and accuracy in meeting objectives.
- Qualified. Must possess thorough understanding of materials, scheduling, inventory control and planning functions as well as a solid understanding of a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to provide solutions to a wide variety of problems and use sound judgment in decision-making processes. Failure to do so may cause delays in program schedules and result in the allocation of additional resources.
- Ability to interact well at all levels of the division. Ability to act as a liaison between Customer Service and Manufacturing.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in manufacturing experience. CPIM certificate is strongly preferred.
- 3-5 plus years of job related experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to make a positive impact through change management
- Strong organizational skills.
- Lean continuous improvement skills a strong plus
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be able and willing to achieve CPIM certification.
- Ability to work in an ISO 9001;2008 and ISO 14001;2004 environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.; computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Typical conditions include office and machine shop environments, working with computers and other office tools. Must be willing to wear proper protective equipment and adhere to all safety requirements in a machine shop environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D