At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This position will be a key central resource that directly impact our company's innovation efforts. You will Architect industrial IoT solutions, and provide productional oversight for the latest wireless sensor products the industrial sector can offer. You will provide leadership, key skillsets, and new ideas to support and augment Chesterton's innovation and global leadership in fluid sealing solutions.
The IoT System Architect will be responsible for developing, testing and debugging of IoT software and embedded software solutions. The successful candidate will possess strong technical skills relative to IoT development.
- Performs IoT software coding and tests/debugs device program solutions. Cooperates with accountable Engineer or Project Management in developing the formulation logic for assigned parts of the IoT program solution.
- Prepares flowcharting, conversion and system implementation plans and technical documentation of the IoT software architecture steps.
- Performs programming and tests the functionality according to given specifications. Recommend changes in development, maintenance and systems standards.
- Consistently achieves target dates for assigned tasks aiding in on budget delivery of the project.
- Identify and determine technologies that will enhance IoT system design and development of our products
- Must be a strong innovator and accustomed to challenges and agile development
- Accustomed to explaining difficult technical concepts to both internal and external audiences
- High energy and passion to deliver quality technology solutions that meet customer needs
- Serves as technical leader and resource by providing direction and assistance to technical leads and developers for data design, technical design, and development as needed
- Evaluate and recommend enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Support a variety of other duties including maintenance; troubleshooting; technical design, coding, and testing
- Ability to identify simple and scalable solutions for complex problems
- Guide the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision
Complexity of Duties:
- Must be a self-starter who can develop approaches to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Working knowledge and understanding of multiple related disciplines related to mechanical design of products with embedded IOT sensors
- Provides technical assistance and solutions to a wide range of difficult problems requiring a high degree of technical competence.
- Interfaces regularly with multiple levels of the organization and vendors on issues relating to product lines.
- Ability to direct and provide support to Engineering Services personnel.
- Must be able to work in a test environment coordinating duties with test engineers for the development of IoT products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/BA plus 5-7 years relevant experience, or Master degree, plus minimum 3 years relevant experience required.
- Experience with embedded IoT system development and solutions
- Experience with various communication protocols such as Bluetooth LE, Bluetooth Mesh, Wi-Fi
- Experience with cloud IoT system architecture
- Knowledge of GIT source control management system
- Understanding of IoT Security
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent understanding of overall IT architecture with knowledgeable and expertise of the operation of many technologies
- Project management skills and teamwork collaboration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.; computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D