Who We Need:
You have experience with shop items, such as cutters and mills.
You have managed inventory and are extremely organized!
You take pride in following through and making sure tasks are completed!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Responsible for the procurement of various tooling required to make, maintain and service related shop floor requirements. Position encompasses responsibility for inventory maintenance using computerized business system, supplier sourcing and order fulfillment.
- Purchase tooling needed to make the product.
- Purchase cleaning products.
- Enter/maintain Purchase Order Numbers in business operating system.
- Receive and deliver all items purchased for the Tool Room.
- Maintain file for purchasing items.
- Assign item number for inventory items. (Approximately 3000 items)
- Obtain quotes on all items; write purchase orders, place order with vendor.
- Maintain blanket purchase orders.
- Maintain stock and inventory for Machine Shop, Assembly areas, Lapping and Loctite rooms, Exchange Dept., Pump Cell, Stockroom/Shipping, QC Dept., Bar Stock area.
- Sign out tools to all of the above areas as needed, maintain log on computer.
- Maintain inventory of all tool room supplies.
- Keep Tool Room organized and clean.
- Orders uniforms and cleaning rags for shop.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works under general supervision; exercises independent judgment in accordance with well-established policies and procedures.
- Requires a good working knowledge of machine shop tooling requirements.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of machine shop requirements.
- Ability to operate a computer, data entry skills.
- Good purchasing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED strongly preferred
- Two years in a machine shop or purchasing environment is desired.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good math skills.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lift and move supplies around the shop floor.
- Filing and inventory skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms, and work in an uncomfortable work environment i.e.; very hot and noisy conditions in the factory. Moderate lifting is required up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D