Who We Need:
You have strong technical competence and problem solving skills!
You’re looking to bring your drafting abilities to a place where you can develop and improve the products daily!
You’re an innovative thinker and can think outside the box.
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
- Check out our formal job description below:
At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers. This job impacts the customer by executing complex customer needs by advising internal organization using processes tailored to provide the best engineered product that solves customer needs.
Responsible for a wide range of mechanical engineering assignments under general supervision with some discretion as to work details. Responsible for new product development, improvement of existing products and processes, line extensions, documentation, and cost reduction programs for the Chesterton line of Mechanical Seals. Interfaces with multiple departments throughout the organization, external customers and field support.
- Participates in projects from concept through design, testing, manufacturing and customer installation, following all applicable checklists and processes
- Analyzes, develops, and recommends design approaches necessary to meet demand definition requirements for products and processes.
- Interfaces with drafting, testing laboratory, manufacturing, purchasing, quality control, special cell and vendors on various issues associated with product lines.
- Develops prototypes; sets-up and directs lab and field testing; works on/involved with design refinement, dimensional charting, concurrent engineering and bringing the product through its first production run.
- Reviews and approves related input i.e.; drawings and specifications prepared by technical support staff.
- Provides support to Applications Engineering and Quality Control in seal failure analysis and/or helping to address customer complaints.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works under general direction. Determines and develops approaches to solutions. Exercises discretion as to work details. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Ability to apply a wide range of engineering principles and concepts in the field. Working knowledge and understanding of multiple related disciplines, i.e., manufacturing, quality control, and cost reduction.
- Provides technical assistance and solutions to a wide range of problems requiring technical competence.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Interfaces regularly with multiple levels of the organization and vendors on issues relating to product lines. May represent organization in providing solutions to difficult technical problems associated with specific projects.
- Ability to work with all the Engineering staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong technical competence and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering principles.
- Ability to operate a computer and skilled in its use.
- Ability to support the work of engineering technicians.
- Competence in drafting, and multiple disciplines related to the development, production and improvement of mechanical seals.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 1-3 years related experience.
- Experience in rotating equipment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Technical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written, verbal and customer communication skills.
- Troubleshooting skills and organizational skills.
- Skilled with word processing, spreadsheets, CAD experience desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.; computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D