Distributor field sales representative working for Turner Supply Co. (www.turnersupply.com), a large multi branch regional distributor located throughout the southeast. Provide sales, service and technical support of A.W. Chesterton products for specific end user sales territories consisting of industrial and utility accounts. Develop and implement territory sales strategies. You will be responsible for meeting sales budget objectives. Provide and direct the tactical execution of conceptual sales strategies and implementation of contractual agreements. Depending on territory location, may be required to obtain TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Prospective employee must be willing to live in central or south Alabama.
- Achieve the sales budget for a defined group of user customers.
- Manage activity within a defined territory in Alabama.
- Maintains company contacts and account listing of territory.
- In response to user needs, develops applications, prepares quotations and enters orders for Turner Supply Co. products.
- Focused on resolution of problems for the user.
- Drive regional, corporate account business strategies and new product introductions.
- Provide formal quarterly business plan update to management along with monthly update of 90 day rolling forecast.
- Provides product, installation and application training for end users.
- Conduct in-plant seminars to educate users in the use of Turner Supply Co. products
- Develop and coordinate Business Development territory requirements and schedules.
- Act as liaison between Turner Supply Co., Chesterton and our customers.
- When necessary, you may be called upon to deliver product to the user.
- Able to measure user equipment to apply Chesterton product and install products when required.
- Conforms to all Turner Supply Co. Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Employee works under general direction and supervision, but is expected to be a self-starter and have the ability to work independent from day to day supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, accuracy and conformance with annual business plan.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions associated with the sale and marketing of our products.
- Responsible for sales results through sale of Chesterton products to users.
- Previous performance must have demonstrated superior Conceptual, Technical, People, and Organizational Skills plus a Strong Work Ethic. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in a production and/or maintenance environment or providing sales and service to the production and/or maintenance industrial and utility accounts.
- 1+ years of sales experience
- BA, BS, degree preferred.
- Technical and Industrial plant production and/or maintenance knowledge.
- Experience with seals and packing associated with pumps and rotating equipment is preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- May be required from time to time to take and successfully complete Turner Supply Co. and customer-directed drug and/or alcohol testing.
Please do not call at this time, direct your interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any Turner Supply Co. employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.