Who We Need:
You have exceptional analytical and technical skills.
Experience with Angular, Dapper, TDD, or .Net Core is a plus!
You can troubleshoot and solve problems quickly and welcome a challenge!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Provide business analysis and system development in an Internet, intranet, mobile, or client/server environment including maintenance of existing software. Work closely with the Software Development Manager in the design of new application modules. Analyze project requirements, design database architecture and produce functioned specifications. Perform all stages of the software development cycle utilizing application development tools and software utilities. Assume ScrumMaster responsibilities as needed. Identify innovative solutions to common business problems.
- Web, Windows, and mobile application development utilizing Visual Studio and the .NET framework.
- Create internet and intranet solutions with SharePoint and ASP.NET.
- Develop .NET assemblies and middle-tier services for shared application business logic.
- Provide support for users of SMS managed systems.
- Coordinate the development work and schedules of on-site and off-shore contract employees.
- Able to perform ScrumMaster duties during iteration planning and daily scrums.
- Quickly troubleshoot problems across all current and legacy SMS systems and recommend solutions
- Work in different business areas to identify innovative solutions that increase efficiency or solve common business problems.
- Perform code inspections to ensure that development standards are being followed.
- Mentor junior developers on best practices.
- Conduct both phone and in-person interviews of prospective employees to gauge technical experience
- Research new desktop, mobile, and web-based tools for systems development and turnkey solutions.
- Active participation in applicable user groups, seminars, and conferences.
- Data and system modeling and architecture.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works with minimum supervision, decisions are made based on pre-established policies and procedures, as well as professional experience and judgment.
- Special instructions given for new assignments.
- Uses professional judgment to determine when a higher level of authority is necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent analysis, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4 year college degree or significant military or business experience (8+ years)
- 5+ years manufacturing, distribution, financial and consumer business systems experience
- 8+ years development experience: C#, VB.NET, Entity Framework, MS SQL Server, MS Office.
- 6+ years web development: SharePoint, ASP.NET, MVC, IIS, WCF, jQuery, XML, HTML, etc.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Software Development methodologies like TQM, Summit-D etc. desirable.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and technical documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D