Who We Need:
You have exceptional attention to detail to ensure accurate order fulfillment!
Multi-tasking is your specialty and you can manage a fast-paced environment.
You have excellent communication skills and work well on a team!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by supporting our Delivery Service Level. The Shipper / Receiver ensures we receive raw materials in quickly and accurately, and that we ship the right product, at the right time to the right customer.
The Shipper / Receiver is responsible for a wide variety of tasks involved in the order fulfillment of customer orders, shipping, receiving and warehousing of raw materials, finished goods, supplies, and equipment. Process incoming items, checks goods received against purchase orders and/or invoices, perform quality control checks on incoming raw materials and finished goods. Prepares and maintains records of both received goods and merchandise shipped. Posts weights and shipping charges for goods prepared for final shipment. Responsible for basic cycle counting and reconciliation.
- Responsible for using AX2012 to properly execute orders, create inventory inquiries to pick, pack, stage and receive orders.
- Packages customer orders by using proper packaging and labeling methods which involves using the computer database system.
- Understands and utilizes manifest computer system in order to properly execute the charges, weights, etc.
- Prepares proper shipping documents, i.e., truck bills of lading, domestic air freight forms, etc.
- Operates and maintains fork truck as needed.
- Responsible for physically putting incoming materials (raw material, finished goods and purchase for resale) in proper locations and well as transacting these systematically.
- Interacts well with internal customers including peers, supervisors, managers and external customers including truck drivers and walk-in customers, etc.
- Prepare export documents on designated export shipments, as necessary.
- Assist in the loading of daily truck shipments.
- Transport products throughout the facility and between the three Groveland buildings.
- Responsible for the completion of housekeeping tasks of assigned area: Trash / recycling removal daily, refilling of air bubbles, labels, boxes, paper in printers, etc.
- Coordinates shipments between Chesterton entities both domestically and internationally.
- May assist in the training of new Shipper / Receivers.
Complexity of Duties:
Works under minimal supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Follows and adheres to Warehouse shipping/receiving and inventory control procedures.
Fork truck experience and computer knowledge a plus.
Must possess basic math skills.
Must be able to prioritize tasks and execute tasks quickly and efficiently.
Must have strong communication skills.
Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis.
Must comprehend written and verbal instructions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or equivalent in experience.
- At least 2 years' experience preferred in a Warehouse or Shipping/Receiving environment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work well with others - interpersonal and interdepartmental.
- Ability to work well in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to adhere to all safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to work in an uncomfortable environment, i.e., extreme heat and noise.
- Writing skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis. Occasionally required to sit, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Exposure to high levels of noise and temperature in the warehouse environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D