Who We Need:
You have advanced knowledge and understanding of complex mechanical engineering principles.
You have extensive mechanical seal expertise you can't wait to use!
You have stong interpersonal skills and enjoy sharing ideas and guidance.
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Responsible for driving on-time delivery of projects and the investigation and development of new products, including technical and economic feasibility evaluation and concept definition on new designs. Leads an engineering staff responsible for the delivery of products utilizing engineering rigor, and following Chesterton ESW’s & procedures. Leads many aspects of the project with the cross functional organization, ensuring proper engagement, and deliverables are completed on time.
- Delivers projects following all applicable checklists and processes
- Acts as a project lead by participating in collaborative information collection from Manufacturing, IT, Sales, Marketing and assembles the project work package
- Maintain reference files on applicable Chesterton product lines. Ensure new designs are compared to reference files in project reviews.
- Maintain list of proven applications in particular areas of specialization (i.e. API, CPI, Power, general, etc.)
- Drives accurate design review deliverables within staff
- Manage day to day workloads and schedules of direct reports.
- Develops training plans with employees, and mentors them in their professional development and growth.
- Responsible for disciplinary action and performance reviews.
- Makes recommendations for compensation for their group members.
- Drive the development of productivity improvements for the group.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works under minimal supervision. Independently determines and develops approaches to projects and solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Responsible for supervising a group of engineers on a regular basis.
- Works under pressure to meet continuous deadlines.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining managerial, personnel and process objectives.
- Provides expertise and applies advanced mechanical engineering principles in solving complex problems. Requires the regular use of ingenuity and creativity and extensive expertise as a generalist or specialist.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced written, verbal, interpersonal, consultation skills.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of complex mechanical engineering principles.
- Extensive expertise, technical competence, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to direct, coordinate, and support the work of engineering professionals and technicians.
- Solid understanding of business administration, budgeting and other economic principles.
- Supervisory skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot.
- Solid understanding of engineering principles.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to shift priorities effectively.
Education and/or Experience:
- BSME in Mechanical Engineering preferred; or equivalent managerial and technical experience.
- Minimum 8 years related experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced communication, interpersonal, and consultation skills.
- Advanced technical competence.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot problems and implement solutions.
- Familiarity with computers, CAD, spreadsheets and word processing is desirable.
- Strong understanding of business and financial principles.
- Ability to write technical papers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.; computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D