Who We Need:
You have experience providing inside technical support and you love solving problems!
You're always looking for ways to improve systems and the way users interact with them.
You can explain technical concepts in a manner that is understandable to users of all levels.
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Provides Help Desk support for remote and local LAN based systems including, but not limited to Laptops, Desktops, security and network access. At least 60% of the daily work is focused on Desk support which entails troubleshooting user issues, and answering general questions. The remaining 40% of work can be divided into project based work dedicated to a small group of software projects, or platforms, focused on a particular group needing specific support. Example can be CRM, SharePoint, MAC and or Tablet Based systems. Specific task direction is provided by the Supv. Network Administration or the Network Architect. However, some work may be given by a project manager during a specific project sequence.
- End-user Help Desk support for standard Windows Operating Systems on workstations, laptops, wi-fi devices, tablets and some server environments (as training allows).
- Support for Chesterton Information Technology and Business Systems Group developed software as well as Microsoft platform systems like Microsoft Office and specific products (as per training.)
- Provide project related support to Supv. Network Administration and Network Architect. Some support will be needed for specifically agreed to projects with the Business Systems Group and their Project Management Office.
- Support and report on user and system activity for the Corporate: E-Mail, Wide Area Network, Security VPN, Active Directory, VoIP phone system, and Microsoft Dynamics Environments on a global basis.
- Liaison with departments utilizing specialty software (ie. Engineering UG, Smart Maintenance, Purchasing Sentinel, HRIS, Payroll, Time and Attendance, beta testing software, Blackberry services, TM1, Tablet iPad and Android)
- Maintain or create installation instructions for specialty software products.
- Maintain or create installation instructions for standard software products.
- Maintain Ethernet and Wireless Networking environments.
- Attend network conferences and trade shows as recommended.
- Provide support to Network Support Specialists when required.
- Provide second level support to end users where able.
- Actively utilize Help Desk software and maintain the Help Desk call database.
- Maintain and troubleshoot end-user hardware and software.
- Work on cross-functional teams when required.
- This specific role/function is subject to our On-Call Policy and may be required to remain available during off-schedule hours to support the business needs.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works with minimum supervision, decisions are made based on pre-established policies and procedures.
- Special instructions given for new assignments.
- Higher level of authority necessary when working beyond semi-routine complexity.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4 year college degree, equivalent experience or significant military experience.
- 5+ years experience with network/PC support.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Servers, PC’s, Windows, MS Office, E-Mail, Ethernet, and software, Windows operating systems, Mac, iPad/iPhone, Android systems and network faxing.
- Experience with Cisco equipment in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret specialty software installation instructions and manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) for Windows or Exchange. CompTIA, Network+, A+, Security+ highly recommended
- Maintenance of basic certifications will be stressed for this job to maintain currency in the technology
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D