Who We Need:
You have exceptional people skills and can easily build strong relationships!
You're full of industry knowledge and experience!
You're a self-starter and have no problem driving results on your own!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Provide sales leadership, service and technical knowledge to direct sales and/or wholesale distributors and/or self-worked accounts within a geographic area. Develop and implement territory sales strategies for that area. This role is responsible for meeting sales growth targets and budget objectives. Coordinate and provide guidance and sales management for assigned area. Provide and direct the tactical execution of conceptual sales strategies and implementation of contractual agreements.
- Effectively implements and utilizes Expect More, Deliver More company program throughout the sales organization
- Achieve the sales and profitability budget within a specific geographical area.
- Manage personnel within the allowed expense budget.
- Drive area account business strategies and new product introductions.
- Assist Chesterton sales specialists and/or distributor specialists in strategic and tactical account planning to ensure sales targets are achieved.
- Conduct reviews of direct sales with personnel and monitor any necessary corrective actions.
- Supervisory duties include interviewing, hiring, training, employee development, discipline, annual performance reviews, performance management, salary administration, etc.
- Provide formal business plan update to management along with monthly update of 90 day rolling forecast.
- Provides product, installation and application training for specialists and end users.
- Assist and train direct and indirect personnel through joint sales calls and /or conduct in-plant and hotel seminars
- Conduct high level, plant / corporate standardization and reliability presentations.
- Conforms to all Chesterton Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Provide coaching and motivation for all direct and/or indirect employees
Complexity of Duties:
- Employee works under general direction and supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, accuracy and conformance with annual business plan.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions associated with the sale and marketing of our products.
- Must motivate Chesterton personnel through leadership and knowledge.
- Performance must demonstrate superior conceptual, technical, people, and organizational skills plus a strong work ethic.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with corporate function employees, including HR, IT, CCT and Finance
- Demonstrated effective supervisory skills include interviewing, hiring, training, employee development, discipline, annual performance reviews, performance management, salary administration, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and rapidly changing priorities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in industrial sales and/or management
- BA, BS, degree preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and selling skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Must have or be capable of developing strong technical knowledge of Chesterton products
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at management and hourly maintenance levels
- Knowledge of manufacturing process flow
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Technical knowledge
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Computer skills
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Extensive land and air travel may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. While in the factory environment, employee may be required to bend, stoop, crouch, crawl and lift up to 30 pounds. Duties require extensive travel and flexibility. Specific vision abilities required with this job include close and distant vision, the ability to distinguish color of products and color-coded materials, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Moderate to very loud noise exists in the daily work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D