Who We Need:
You're a critical thinker and problem-solver.
You have experience leading a team in a production environment.
You understand LEAN concepts and focus on process improvements!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Responsible for day to day operations of the manufacturing cell. Coordinates and plans work schedules. Assists in the moving of material throughout the facility and/or cells as required. Performs direct labor/value added tasks within the cell as required. Sets up and runs cell meetings. Acts as a liaison between all other support functions, i.e., Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing, Planning, Maintenance, CCT and Quality Control. Requires thorough understanding of Mechanical Seals and a general understanding of the business/manufacturing environment. Monitors and controls spending to budgets. Manages day to day personnel issues. Manages employee performance and discipline issues, utilizing appropriate support from Human Resources and/or appropriate Manager.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works under general direction and independently. Provides direction to the cells guided by established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and efficiency.
- Monitors work operations on a daily basis requiring thorough knowledge of the cell and the ability to perform all critical functions within that cell.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to get results will cause delays in manufacturing schedules and/or result in the allocation of additional resources.
- Works closely with leads and management. Requires the ability to work as a team player to solve complex problems and make decisions that affect the entire manufacturing floor.
- Ability to work in an uncomfortable environment, i.e., exposure to noise and variable temperatures.
- Ability to work under pressure and make unpopular decisions. Ability to manage multiple issues of varying complexity simultaneously.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Advanced interpersonal skills. Ability to function as a team player.
Ability to supervise others and to manage and evaluate work performance effectively and objectively.
Thorough understanding of manufacturing environment.
Strong problem solving and decision making skills utilizing Lean, Six Sigma, and 8D methodology.
Ability to perform various manufacturing functions requiring manual dexterity and lifting abilities.
Ability to operate hand/power tools and machinery.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or Trade School required
- Associate degree preferred
- 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to direct the operations of a cell.
- Ability to direct the work of others and manage day to day employee issues.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to perform multiple manufacturing functions and work in an uncomfortable environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.; computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Exposure to high levels of heat, noise and fumes while in the plant environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D