Who We Need:
You have extensive experience in cost accounting.
You enjoy a fun and busy work environment!
You are an expert Excel user.
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Serve as Business Partner to Chesterton’s management team, providing business insight and sharing responsibility with operational managers for financial results and performance. Through a comprehensive understanding of the manufacturing operations, provide management with actionable cost data needed to evaluate and drive performance. The Cost Accountant III will ensure the integrity of related data that support financial reporting, including inventory and standard costs, by monitoring and enforcing procedures and controls.
- Conducts month-end closing activities including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, verification of financial records and preparation of month-end reports.
- Performs variance analysis and provides explanations of factors affecting operations; makes recommendations to improve cost related performance measures in manufacturing operations.
- Prepares account reconciliations as part of balance sheet review process.
- Works with cross-functional teams to evaluate and develop business proposals, continuous improvement projects and investment opportunities. Participate in the development and communication of key financial reports and ERP system upgrades.
- Participates in all areas of the annual budgeting process including validation of BOM’s and Routes and the development of headcount, costs, capital plans and productivity.
- Oversees regular inventory cycle counts.
Complexity of Duties:
- Ability to work independently and manage special projects as required.
- Ability to plan and organize work effectively in order to meet objectives.
- Ability to work under pressure with frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to use sound and logical thinking to evaluate options and choose a particular course of action.
- Ability to analyze and present complex financial data.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum BS in Accounting/Finance, CMA or MBA a plus
- Minimum 5+ years of related experience with various cost accounting systems.
- Minimum 2+ years in a manufacturing environment utilizing a standard cost system
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of financial / accounting principles and practices.
- Strong written, verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, excellent knowledge of spreadsheet software, and comprehensive understanding of on-line accounting systems.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing principles.
- Strong analytical skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D