Who We Need:
You have strong design and layout skills.
You're an Abode Creative Suite Expert!
You have an indepth knowledge of other programs, such as Macintosh OS.
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Responsible assisting with specific design assignments and providing design solutions for a customer request in support the graphic design team.
- Create, develop and update electronic art files for brochures, installation instructions, data sheets, labels, and other marketing and sales support materials.
- Produce electronic layouts from verbal, written and supplied source material using appropriate Macintosh software.
- Proof final output against initial requirements to check for accuracy and consistency.
- Interface with graphic design team and customers to determine design and project objectives.
- Abide by department/corporate standards, based on established processes and standards.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works under general supervision, decisions are made based on pre-established policies and procedures, as well as professional experience and judgment.
- Special instructions given for all assignments.
- Uses professional judgment to determine when a higher level of authority is necessary.
- Keep pace with industry changes in technology, new media and software/hardware.
- Remain current with emerging Macintosh platform trends, software and hardware.
- Recommend changes, enhancements and/or cost-saving approaches.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven conceptualization and typography skills.
- Strong print design/production skills.
- Expert knowledge of Illustrator, QuarkXPress, Photoshop, and other publishing software.
- In-depth knowledge of Macintosh O/S and knowledge of PC O/S.
- Solid understanding of single to multi-color print production.
- Ability to recognize and adhere to established corporate graphic standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting required deadlines.
- 4D or similar database experience.
- Ability to problem-solve daily technical issues.
- Ability to identify and distinguish color.
- Ability to accurately proofread and spell.
- Reading, writing and comprehension skills.
- On-press proof approval experience.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or equivalent in education and related experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a creative environment with emphasis on concept and design.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proven communication skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Close vision required and the ability to identify and distinguish color. Must be able to sit and work on a computer for extended periods of time. Moderate noise exists in the daily work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D