Reporting to the Director, Manufacturing Operations, the Product Line Production Manager III provides leadership and management of a multi-function team of approximately 55 – 80 employees for the safety, quality, schedule, and cost performance of a multi-cell/multi-shift manufacturing operation. The Product Line Production Manager I drives operational excellence across the manufacturing value stream with a keen focus on meeting customer requirements.
- Sets production center goals and objectives that align with site-specific and corporate strategic business plans, goals and targets.
- Creates and maintains a work environment where employee safety and health are prioritized. Drives end-to-end manufacturing and supply chain for the production center including raw materials, planning, scheduling, production, assembly, packing and shipping.
- Partners with Product Line Directors, Sales and Customer Care Teams to deliver the highest level of customer service.
- Develops and leads high-achieving teams to achieve operational targets.
- Establishes clear lines of performance accountability.
- Manages production operation expenses and budgets for the production center, including COGs and indirect manufacturing expenses and capital expenses.
- Optimizes inventory to achieve DSL and inventory turns targets
- Implements effective and actionable Daily Management routines utilizing SQDIP metrics to meet performance objectives and drive continuous improvement
- Utilizes KPIs and operation metrics to proactively identify problems and opportunities and implement sustainable corrective actions and solutions.
- Develops and implements processes and procedures to continuously improve in the areas of safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Implements effective and sustainable 5S practices.
- Works in a cross functional capacity to address operational challenges.
- Establishes, deploys and maintains accountability to standard work instructions and control r.
- Drives expansion of VKS to capture, standardize and optimize standard work.
- Drives employees training and adherence to standards. Develops next level of leads and supervisors for assigned areas.
- Responsible for the work defined in the NPI process to prepare the operations to drive successful new product launch, including operation and supply chain scale up
- Ensures compliance with Chesterton ISO 9000 Quality standards, ISO 14001 Environmental standards and Company policies and procedures.
Complexity of Duties:
- Assignments are received in objective oriented terms. Provides guidance to subordinate supervisors based on organizational and divisional goals and Company policy. Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organizational/divisional objectives and/or schedules.
- Accomplishes results through subordinate supervisors. Acts as an advisor to subordinate supervisors and/or staff members to help meet established schedules and resolve technical/operational problems. Sets performance standards and manages employee performance.
- Contacts are frequent with equivalent level inter-organizational managers and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effective leadership skills. Ability to inspire individuals to take pride in their work, perform in a team environment and achieve daily production goals
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, goal setting, delegation, coaching, and motivating
- Advanced written, and verbal communication
- Strong ability to manage conflict, both interpersonal and situational
- Advanced problem-solving, decision-making and planning abilities.
- Flexible, open minded, and able to think creatively to solve complex operational issues while maintaining open communications and a cooperative work environment
Education and/or Experience:
- Manufacturing or industrial engineering and supervisory experience in machining and assembly
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing management role
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of applying lean and Six Sigma tools
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear, reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Exposure to fumes and high levels of heat and noise while on the factory floor.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D