Who We Need:
You have a solid understanding of engineering principles, as well as strong organizational skills and the ability to shift priorities effectively.
You have exceptional analytical, design calculations and technical skills you can't wait to use!
You're a problem solver and enjoy troubleshooting issues.
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Individual will be responsible for the application of Chesterton IL/MRO, Industrial Lubricants/Maintenance Repair and Operation Chemicals for industrial equipment and applications globally to a wide range of industries. Provide technical inquiry support via telephone and e-mail or site visits as necessary to field sales force, distributors and end user customers. Development of technical literature and revision control, product failure analyses; independent product approvals, certifications and vendor qualifications; new product development support and qualification testing; specialized laboratory test development in support of trial applications; new product field test coordination; liaison with Environmental, Health and Safety Department, as necessary to address customer product technical safety concerns. Develop application specifications or specify IL/MRO products based on application survey data, field input, and end user needs. Provide product documentation to field sales force, distributors, and end user customers, as required. Assist After Sales Team in analyzing failed products to provide written description of damage as well as recommendations for corrective action. Recommend engineering changes and product design improvements based on field feedback and customer requirements. Act as liaison between the field and IL/MRO Research Department to answer technical questions. Ability to learn and understand industrial processes along with equipment operation to be able to apply the Chesterton product line accordingly.
- Provide technical inquiry support for field sales force, distributors, and end user customers using telephone, telefax and e-mail communication methods. Troubleshoot applications based on application survey data, test reports, consultations with regional sales managers, IL/MRO Test Lab, and research personnel.
- Review for accuracy new technical literature including product data sheets, product specifications, technical bulletins, compatibility charts, procedural guides for product application, etc.
- Assist the After Sales Team (AST) as necessary with product failure analyses in response to customer complaints associated with product substandard performance.
- Interface with QC personnel, as required, on independent IL/MRO product approvals, certifications and vendor qualifications, including technical submittals for new approvals and annual renewals of existing approvals.
- Provide technical input in the new product development process based on technical inquiry feedback from the field. Assist in performing new product qualification testing including laboratory-field handling trials. Coordinate field testing of new products with marketing, regional sales managers, and distributors.
- Coordinate competitive product benchmark programs, as requested by field sales force, distributors and end user customers.
- Facilitate response to address external requests associated with product related regulatory compliance inquires including allergen statements, clearance for use in national and global locations, and so forth.
- Develop and maintain central repository of application engineering data relevant Chesterton Network
- Apply for and maintain active membership(s) and participation in relevant industry associations i.e. STLE.
- Interacts with Customer Care Team (CCT), Manufacturing, Quality and other support functions regularly
- Achieve and maintain appropriate industrial certifications as required by the business.
Complexity of Duties:
- Works under general direction. At times must be capable of working independently.
- Ability to travel. Travels alone in the field to service customer needs.
- Ability to interact effectively with and meet the demands of multiple internal and external customers.
- Capable of working in a multi task environment where deadlines are critical.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong interpersonal, telephone, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, design calculations and technical skills.
- Ability to interact professionally in an interdisciplinary technical team.
- Outstanding multi-tasking ability.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to travel to a variety of locations.
- Strong customer service skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry.
- Fundamental coursework and/or experience with industrial chemical technologies are very useful.
- Hazardous Materials Training.
- 1 - 3 years related experience in industry.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to write reports and make presentations.
- Ability to conduct research analysis.
- Ability to deal with emergency situations, using sound and logical thinking in choosing a particular course of action.
- Ability to effectively deal with agitated customers, vendors, or fellow employees.
- Computer skills including standard MS Office e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets and database management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.; computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D