Who We Need:
You have strong supply chain leadership experience.
You have experience implementing standards and process improvements on a global level.
Your focus is always on the customer, and you believe in instilling this focus in your teams.
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
The Director, Global Supply Chain is an integral part of our global supply chain leadership team and responsible for supply chain optimization. This position provides leadership, develops strategic direction, and drives execution and implementation on all aspects of supply chain. This position is responsible for establishing and optimizing a global, integrated supply chain network with a focus on driving service level improvement and maximizing profitability. The Director, Global Supply Chain will partner with the marketing and sales organization to align on industry trends and anticipate future customer and market demands and requirements. This position is to provide overall direction and management to implement value added materials, demand management, global sourcing and purchasing work for all product lines and logistics solutions in all phases of shipping, receiving, warehousing, distribution, and order fulfillment.
- In collaboration with the VP, Global Operations, establish operations and supply chain strategy, goals, and annual objectives to drive business growth and supply chain and operations effectiveness.
- Establishes a global supply chain team within a matrix organization structure that leverages the scale of the organization by employing best practices and standardization while allowing the local flexibility needed to best serve our customers.
- Drive the supply chain budget and operating performance, along with key service, quality and cost metrics and focus on continuous improvement programs. Drives supply chain practices and activities that minimize working capital and maximize cash flow.
- Directs global sourcing efforts including sourcing strategy, tactics and oversight of negotiations for sourcing agreements and contracts with direct material, MRO, and logistics providers.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to ensure alignment on demand forecast, manufacturing plans, new product introductions, supplier performance and other supply chain opportunities to meet all quality and delivery requirements.
- Coordinate with the go-to-market leadership to establish a strategic cost reduction strategy and process.
- Supervise the forward-looking plan for inventory and production planning and react to issues such as price increases, changes in customer contracts, new product launches, and new business development.
- Work with Legal to maintain contracts (Material Supplier Agreements) for all suppliers to mitigate risk to business operations.
- Creates and implements supply chain team human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, polices, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Responsible for managing inventory levels at all Chesterton locations, worldwide.
- Develops and maintains integrated materials, production, and inventory stock keeping programs. Directs the development of production schedules in terms of master schedules and materials requirements planning.
- Defines operations and supply chain business systems needs and prioritizes the development and implementation of systems and software applications.
- Responsible as the Chesterton Government Procurement Compliance Officer managing the Company small/disadvantaged & minority owned business supply program, including preparing annual plans for Government approval, and supporting bi-annual audits.
- Develops and administers integrated logistics strategies, including supply chain activities, from point of manufacture through information management support, deployment freight, warehousing, customer freight, shipping, order management, and customer warehousing (consignments).
- Ensures import/export compliance to maintain safe and legal transport related to all goods and facilities, as well as the proper and appropriate use of tariff codes.
- Drives and sets strategy for traffic administration, including carrier selection, performance measurement, training, and cost containment for the company and its distribution.
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes, such as the replenishment system, data interchange systems, electronic data systems administration and related functions. Experienced in implementing Vendor Managed Inventory solutions.
- Establish methods in metrics to measure productivity and efficiency of distribution network.
- Establishes priorities and manages day-to-day activities of the department. Manages a group of specialized professionals. Maintains productive working environment. Establishes work priorities. Manages employee performance. Facilitates employee training and development efforts.
- Directs major process improvement projects that impact improved material forecasting, flow and management.
- Maintains close working relationships with operational staff members as well as sales & marketing personnel, especially for new product planning and launches.
- Responsible for development and flow down of A1’s, performance and compensation reviews, recruitment and hiring, and employee development and training.
- Actively participates in, supports and drives the quality systems as well as certifications (ISO 9000;2000 and ISO 14000) as required.
Complexity of Duties:
- Strategic planning balanced with tactical execution of the work
- Performs work in a global context with direct and indirect reports. Ability to influence without direct authority utilizing common objectives and goals to align teams and drive outcomes
- Ability to work across global locations and cultures. Influences a common company culture and “way of working” while respecting local culture differences, environments and regulations
- Considers both internal and external influences to form strategic approach and plans
- Contacts are frequent with equivalent level inter-organizational managers, field sales managers and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements or contractual clarifications
- Requires a working knowledge of financial and operational systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, goal setting, delegation, coaching, and motivating
- Strong leadership skills.
- Advanced written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced problem-solving, decision-making, and planning abilities.
- Negotiating, scheduling, controlling and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and rapidly changing priorities.
- Project and program management skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing process flow and budgeting processes.
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning systems and their use in business planning and execution.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing, business, inventory control, and budgeting processes.
- Flexible, open minded, and able to think creatively to solve complex operational issues while maintaining open communications and a cooperative work environment
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or Operations Management, MBA preferred
- 12 years progressive experience managing and directing a supply chain organization for a manufacturing company with multiple sites; minimum 5-years in a senior leadership role.
- Proven record of accomplishment in supply chain with demonstrated ability to articulate a future vision, business plan and profitability while meeting and/or exceeding corporate goals.
- Experience with product sourcing and contract manufacturing
- National Purchasing Manager Association Member preferred.
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of applying lean and six sigma tools
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Responsible for creating and developing tactical plans for budgeting and the execution of business programs and processes, as well as process improvements.
- Ability to pull cross-functional teams together to develop, plan, implement, and measure performance.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict resolution.
- Computer skills in Windows environment
- Works well at all levels of the organization both with internal and external contacts
- Ability to work under frequently changing priorities and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- International travel is required (20%)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise ( i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D