Who We Need:
You're a Senior-level engineer with a passion for continuous improvement
You're well versed in Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies
You have work experience in an industrial / manufacturing setting
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Chesterton has a laser focus on our customers. The Process Engineer Lead (MS) drives our focus on customers by managing the selection and implementation of complex manufacturing and support equipment as well as procedures used to increase quality of product, productivity, and setup time reduction. Identifies and develops processes needed to produce specific products, parts, and components. Responsible for process and procedure development, specifications requirements, design concepts, and process improvement. Investigates and analyzes unique or highly technical manufacturing and assembly problems associated with the manufacture of parts and materials and the assembly of mechanical systems. Recommends corrective actions and provides technical assistance to resolve a variety of complex production problems.
All fully remote positions will require you to travel on site 2-4 times per month depending upon business needs at your own expense.
Hybrid positions will require employees to work both on-site and remote each week under a schedule that has been determined and agreed upon by you and your manager.
On-Site positions will require employees to work on-site for each of their scheduled shifts.
• Supervise the Mechanical Seals Process Engineering function by cascading projects to Process Engineers, managing the team’s workload, and driving productivity within the group.
• Reviews and evaluates proposed and processed engineering changes and/or other specification requirements and provides appropriate feedback based on ease of manufacturability and manufacturing cost.
• Performs time studies in the manufacturing and assembly areas, evaluates the data collected and recommends procedural and/or process changes.
• Collaborates with the Operations Manager, Machine Shop and Production Line Production Manager to develop manufacturing strategies to drive continuous improvement in the plant.
• Supervisory duties including day-to-day work, hiring of engineers, performance reviews; etc.
• Utilizes project management tools including developing charters, ghantt charts, as well as IQ,OQ,PQ. Tracks projects in accordance with cost, schedule, and performance.
• Facilitates root cause and countermeasures to drive improvements on key operational metrics.
• Facilitates cross-functional teams involved in time/cost reduction initiatives.
• Advanced knowledge of set-up reduction techniques and process improvement methods
• Develop appropriate systems for solving quality and reliability problems.
• Recommend, plan and execute changes in layout of production facilities and equipment.
• Review and recommend changes to materials, manufacturing processes and tooling in order to maintain and improve the quality of the product lines and reduce cost.
• Apply advanced engineering principles and solve difficult technical/quality problems or issues with raw materials, manufacturing processes and quality of product lines.
• Expert in analyzing technical issues, creating and delivering technical reports both orally and in written form
• Design and produce CAD drawings for work holding and fixtures.
• Expert in Lean Continuous Improvement techniques, 5S and Six Sigma. Leads and/or participates in continuous improvement teams.
• Works closely with R&D to ensure smooth transition of new products to production.
• Must adhere to the safety requirements for the various mfg. areas including use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Researches and recommends capital equipment acquisitions.
• Prepares return on investment studies as needed.
Complexity of Duties
• Works under only very general direction. Independent action and decision-making are required.
• Work is only reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems related to manufacturing/production, quality, engineering, design and/or cost.
• Justifies capital equipment expenditures and is responsible for cost reduction activities. Failure to obtain results and/or poor decisions may result in manufacturing delays and/or considerable expenditure of resources.
• Ability to be flexible and work in manufacturing, machine shop and assembly environments on a regular basis.
• Ability to have frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Ability to provide technical assistance and manage special projects as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• BSME or equivalent technical experience.
• 6 - 8 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with CAD systems, SPC and troubleshooting techniques.
Other Skill and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to facilitate, organize and execute multiple projects simultaneously. Strong organizational skills.
• Strong analytical, mechanical and technical skills.
• Advanced knowledge of CAD systems, preferably Solid Works.
• Advanced problem solving and analytical techniques.
• Change management skills
• Ability to work in an ISO 9001;2008 and ISO 14001;2004 environment
• Willing to travel occasionally to view and recommend machine tools, tooling and work holding systems in support of the company’s strategic plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit, stand, walk, crouch, stoop, and reach with arms and hands on a frequent basis, up to 2/3 of work time. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. on a frequent basis and up to 50 lbs. occasionally. Occasionally required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.; computer printers, operating equipment, material handling equipment etc.) exists daily in the work environment. Occasional exposure to high levels of heat or noise while in the manufacturing area.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D