Who We Need:
You have strong CNC experience!
You have experience in reading blue prints.
You are driven by the quality of your work!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Operates Numerical Control machine tools including, but not limited to, lathes, millers, EDM, etc, as needed to manufacture metal components. One or more machines may be running at the same time. Inspects work and performs quality checks to ensure conformance to Engineering DWGS. Will record data for SPC, either manually or electronically. Works as part of a team, and must be willing to support quality and production goals.
• Operates Numerical Control machine tools in a cellular environment, including lathes and millers. Does minor tool set up involving changing inserts, end mills, drills, counter sinks, etc.
• Operates machine controller to down load (electronically transfer) part program files.
• Performs work from operation and planning packages, which include process sheets, tooling lists, set-up sheets, program code and blueprints.
• Inspects work and performs Quality checks and records data for SPC as required. Stops process and notifies supervisor when parts measure Out-of-Tolerance.
• Maintains safe and clean work area on a daily basis. Keeps informed of and follows machine shop safety policies and procedures.
Complexity of Duties
• Works under close supervision. May take direction from supervisor, lead man, or trainer. Follows detailed operation process planning, written, and/or verbal instructions.
• Checks own work with Inspection tools, gauges, micrometers, indicators, etc., and has work cross- checked by a Quality Control Inspector.
• May be required to debur parts; do subassembly work, press pins, and /or faces into fabricated components; mark, etch, stamp or engrave as needed to complete a part in a cellular component.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• High School or Trade School.
• 1-3 years related experience with numerical control machines.
Other Skill and Abilities
• Ability to read, comprehend, and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Requires a basic understanding of Numerical Control Programs.
• Ability to work in Machine Shop Environment.
• Ability to read and understand machine code.
• Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and blueprints.
• Ability to work in an uncomfortable environment; i.e., extreme heat, cold, and noise.
• Requires lifting parts, tools, and fixtures weighing up to 35 pounds.
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
• Ability to function as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, talk, or hear and reach with hands and arms. May require: repetitive elbow movements, rotating wrist movements, grasping, squeezing and handling objects, tools or controls. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and may be required to crouch, kneel or bend and reach above shoulder height. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of the job the employee works near moving mechanical parts. Exposure to high levels of noise and temperature in the work environment.
A.W. CHESTERTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D