Who We Need:
You're a mechanical engineer who enjoys hands-on work and troubleshooting
You have experience in a test lab setting
You enjoy data and are comfortable with data crunching and analysis
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Performs highly specialized tests that deviate from the standard tests performed by technicians. The tests are unique to internal or external customer requirements and may include mechanical seals, mechanical packing, pumps, conceptual devices, and auxiliary systems. Designs complete unique test systems, analyzes test data, and identifies trends in order to make recommendations regarding test programs or product improvements. Configuration and administration of computer based Data Acquisition System for laboratory data gathering and equipment control. Authors project test reports and proposals for the purpose of purchasing test equipment or documenting test results.
Hybrid positions will require employees to work both on-site and remote each week under a schedule that has been determined and agreed upon by you and your manager.
On-Site positions will require employees to work on-site for each of their scheduled shifts.
· Designs specialized mechanical, machine and / or electrical test equipment which requires the ability to sketch, layout, and procure equipment through final assembly and checkout.
· Configuration and administration of laboratory Data Acquisition System utilizing computer programming and instrumentation knowledge to conduct tests and obtain accurate test data.
· Performs specialized tests, which requires mechanical aptitude, data interpretation, and technical writing skills to document test results into report form.
· Use spreadsheets and database software to provide Marketing and Sales support staff with information to make recommendations and promotional brochures.
· Prepares project reports, equipment justifications, and proposals utilizing complex research and advanced technical skills to report results to Engineering professionals, or to purchase equipment and to propose new business for the Test Laboratory.
· Troubleshoot field products utilizing problem solving skills and technical knowledge to train customers on the use of new products.
· Presents test results and/or technical reports orally and in writing to the Engineering group.
Complexity of Duties
· Functions under minimal supervision. May supervise technicians as required.
· High level of involvement in solving complex technical and engineering problems.
· Moderate level of decision making responsibilities.
· Ability to use sound judgment and logical thinking in choosing a particular course of action.
· Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers - strong interpersonal skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to configure and program Data Acquisition System.
· Strong technical writing skills to write advanced reports and proposals
· Highly specialized technical knowledge in the field of mechanical seals and pumps.
· Ability to conduct special tests, analyze technical data, and interpret results to internal/external customers at all levels.
Education and/or Experience
· Minimum B.S. in Engineering discipline with 3-5 years related experience
Other Skill and Abilities
· High degree of mechanical aptitude and ability
· College level math, science, and writing skills
· Advanced understanding and knowledge of computers and data acquisition systems
· Proficient with word processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs
· Strong knowledge of instrumentation, electronics, and equipment design principals
· Well developed interpersonal skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: electric motors, air compressor, pumps, computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as required. Ability to work in an uncomfortable environment; i.e. extreme heat and humidity.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D